L2800 cables

/ L2800 cables #11  
When you go to engineer your lever, if you need photos and measurements let me know. Mine has the lever through the rear of the deck close to the "hump" on the right side. I think the HST models have a flat floor deck? If the shaft going into the tranny is in the same place mine is, fitting a lever shouldn't be hard at all. I think Kubota moved the lever to the left on the HST's to declutter the deck on the right side, I have no HST pedal there to compete for space. I looked at the left side of the tranny last night too, thinking there might be a cross shaft coming through on that side, but there's not.
Do you have a picture of the current arrangement? I imagine the cable comes from the existing lever, through a bracket, to another bracket and another lever on the opposite side of the tranny.. a picture is worth a thousand words.

Chilly

/ L2800 cables #12  
I had the PTO cable on my 3400 begin to sieze up and begin to kink during engaging to the point that the PTO would not engage. I pulled the entire cable assembly apart and lubed everything good and it has been working great for a year.

MJ

/ L2800 cables #13  
Kubota changed the design of the bracket on the fender, I also take a syringe and inject a small amount of oil through the rubber booth every 50 hours or so. It seems to work. I have had the cable replaced twice and installed the new improved bracket (all under warranty)

/ L2800 cables #14  
When this rain clears up, I'll see what I can do about a picture. The mention of the lawn mower cables is just what I was thinking of. They worked great with just a little oil every couple of years. I like the idea of a lever, if one could snake it in there. Make it stout and all it would have to do is attach to and actuate the lever on the side of the rear end of the tractor. Nothing like butchering up a nearly new, out of warranty tractor...

/ L2800 cables #15  
When this rain clears up, I'll see what I can do about a picture. The mention of the lawn mower cables is just what I was thinking of. They worked great with just a little oil every couple of years. I like the idea of a lever, if one could snake it in there. Make it stout and all it would have to do is attach to and actuate the lever on the side of the rear end of the tractor. Nothing like butchering up a nearly new, out of warranty tractor...

This is what the gear drive setup looks like. Nothing could be much simpler, a lever (yellow handle) bent at 90 degrees with an end over a shaft...
DSC00090.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

That fresh out-of-warranty feeling is almost a relief sometimes, you say to yourself, "Finally I can change that thing that's been bothering me the past three years !"

Chilly