L2800 HST, Brush hog sq600, just got both so happy

/ L2800 HST, Brush hog sq600, just got both so happy #1  

jaykubota

Tractor
l2800 HST
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifI just recieved my l2800 HST and Brush hog sq600, after a month and a half wait. I can see it is going to take me a little while to get use to the rpms of the tractor being by the steering wheel and not atached to the foward pedal like my old kubota 245dt. The pic is my father and I on my new tractor. I was 2 years old when he got the 245dt in 1979 and he drove me around on it. I had the dealer put water in the tires and add the dual element filter to the engine. I mowed half of my filed and atacked some of the black bery bushes with the FEL. I am amazed at the amount of power it has. I am still new to runing it for I stalled it 2 times and already broke a shear pin on the mower unit.

Does any one know a good site where it explains how to hook up a 3 point system brush hog, with blow by blow directions. I am having a hard time with it. I can not get the mower to sit level and it seems to be closer to one tire than the other.

thanks Jay /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ L2800 HST, Brush hog sq600, just got both so happy #2  
jaykubota
1. hook up 3 pt. arms and driveline (make sure driveline isn't too long).
2. Use the adjustment on the right 3 pt arm to level deck.
3. Lift the mower with the 3 pt lift and center tail wheel and driveline to tractor.
4. Tighten the check chains to keep mower centered behind tractor.
5. Make sure there is a little slack in the top link when mower deck is down.
6. Use the 3 pt lift and tail wheel to set mowing height.
Hope this helps.
Lewis

/ L2800 HST, Brush hog sq600, just got both so happy #3  
Congrats on your new tractor! I bought an L2800DT a year ago, and I'll agree that the L2800 are great machines. I also had trouble getting my shredder and BB hooked to the 3pt at first. Somewhere on TBN is a thread that explains it, but I'll tell you what I've figured out....
First, it is easier if the implement is not on the ground. I put my shredder on a couple of landscape timbers when I'm not using it. Next, back up as straight as possible to the implement. Looking at the back of the tractor, hook up the LEFT side 3pt arm first---it's the non-adjustable one. When I need to move an inch or two to get it on, I go to the back of the shredder and lift/push on the tail wheel arm. Sitting on timbers, my shredder will slide around with a little effort. Next, hook up the right lift arm, adjusting it as needed. The top link is easy, and when it is done, you're ready for the PTO.
To get the shredder level, raise the implement off the ground to mowing height, and adjust the length of the right 3pt arm--making it shorter will raise the right side, and longer will lower it. I use a small pipe wrench to turn the adjuster. The top link needs some slack so that the shredder can move up/down over unlevel ground. Be sure to tighten the check chains--they keep the shredder from moving side-to-side. I lost a turnbuckle once because I didn't tighten it, and it fell off somewhere. L2800s have a turnbuckle ($25) that my dealer didn't have in stock, and I had to wait a week for it to come in.
Sounds like a lot of trouble, but you'll get the hang of it. Just enjoy all the new curse words you'll discover while you are learning!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif