L2800 Random Spring Identification

/ L2800 Random Spring Identification #1  

Powereng

Tractor
Kubota L2800, Z122R
Working in my shop this morning I noticed this random spring laying underneath the rear axel of my L2800. My tractor is a 2008 with only 175 hours and this spring is bare steel with no visible rust. I didn't notice anything missing after crawling underneath the tractor for 15 minutes. I know it's a long shot, but any guesses where it might of come from.

FYI, no one else has access to my shop so I don't think anyone is playing a trick on me.
FY
Spring 1.jpg
Spring 2.jpg

/ L2800 Random Spring Identification #2  
Could it be from the seat suspension? I would start there.

/ L2800 Random Spring Identification #3  
Maybe the seat suspension? Look under the seat.

If it is, then time to go on a diet……..(ha ha)

/ L2800 Random Spring Identification #4  
If it's not a seat spring, in my experience a spring that robust doesn't tend to drop from where it was installed. Rather they are usually under a certain amount of tension/compression and more resemble a rocket when they fall out of assembly.
I would hazard a guess it's from something/somewhere else and found its way under the tractor, maybe helped along by a cat or something similar...

/ L2800 Random Spring Identification #5  
Does this tractor have a backhoe or FEL or both? Maybe look closely around those attachments. The quick attach part of the loader has springs on the vertical locking pins I think. Held in place by split roll pins I think. No real help -- just more places to look.

Last edited:
   / L2800 Random Spring Identification
Seat springs are in place. No backhoe. Going back out to check over the FEL.

/ L2800 Random Spring Identification #7  
From the WAG bin: that burly thing looks like some I've seen on attachment slip clutches, where they wrap the bolts and provide tension.

Z.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / L2800 Random Spring Identification #8  
From the WAG bin: that burly thing looks like some I've seen on attachment slip clutches, where they wrap the bolts and provide tension.

Z.
That's a darn good guess. It does look like a slip clutch spring. However it is hard to picture a slip clutch coming so totally apart as to lose one of those springs. Maybe a spare someone had ?