L2800 will not start

/ L2800 will not start #1  

jveretto

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kabota L2800
I have had an L2800 for 4-5 years. Never a minute trouble. Today, I started tractor and went to front yard where daughter has thrown a toy into the tree. I parked under the tree ,shut off, and took a stick and dislodged the toy. I had to fold the seat up and stand on the seat base. I know, bad move! Got ready to move tractor and it would not start. Not a click, not a grunt, not nothing. Checked battery, fully charged. I suspect the seat switch because that is near where I was standing even though I was careful not to step on it. I have tried every position with switch in case it was out of adjustment. I've taken the switch off. It does not come apart. Thought I would wire around the switch but said switch has three wires, red, blue, & black. Any suggestions to trouble shoot the switch. Thanks in advance for your help! Really don't need any criticism about standing on the tractor! I know!

/ L2800 will not start #2  
HST or gear? check the other safety crap... HST rocker in the middle? just jump seat switch...

/ L2800 will not start
The HST rocker is in middle. How do I jump the switch with 3 wires? Thanks!

/ L2800 will not start #4  
Wire tie it down... do you think the switch itself might have been damaged?

With no click, I'm still thinking safety switch... PTO off?

/ L2800 will not start
Yes sir, I agree. I think the switch is malfunctioning. The arm that is activated by the seat bracket makes no sound or click as I would expect when I move it. Switch bolts to the seat bracket so it mechanically moves the switch arm. Yes the PTO is off. Thanks again!

/ L2800 will not start #6  
I don't know how the seat pressure switch works on your tractor, but you can generally bypass them with a simple jumper wire to complete the circuit.

/ L2800 will not start
Yep but it has three wire. Which do I jump? That was in my first post. I don't know how to jump a three wire switch. Thanks!

/ L2800 will not start #8  
I don't think it makes a click... will check it in the morning.

/ L2800 will not start #9  
Mine does not make a click my old ears can hear.

While I have an HST my service manual is for a gear.

According to the schematic the 2 position seat switch senses seat down for starting and seat tilted up for PTO operation.

You would jumper red/white to red/black for starting.

The red/white is switch common. red/black is for starting and blue/yellow is for PTO.

Before you jump the switch you might try rapping it with a screw driver handle in case it is just stuck.