L3010 Jerky Hydraulic How To ?

/ L3010 Jerky Hydraulic How To ? #1  

okie350

Silver Member
Tractor
L3010 & BX2200
as the title says, the hydraulics are very jerky on the 3 pont hitch as well as the the FIL. I am sure i have the old valve I keep hearing about here.

Where is this valve located? and can it be changed by the average do it yourselfer? or are special tools required? any one have a rough Idea of what the dealer would charge:confused: Waaaay out of warranty.

/ L3010 Jerky Hydraulic How To ? #3  
Your 3pt valve is the one that replaces the ones in L2800/3400.

You say your FEL is also jerky, you have something else wrong, the FEL and 3pt are run off two different valves.
I would check your hyd pressure/flow from the pump.

/ L3010 Jerky Hydraulic How To ?
Ok, the three point valve is different then. Is it something I can replace myself? and where is it located? any idea on approx cost.

I guess I should clarify the FIL. it is more like a bouncing when you lower down especially when loaded. It also seems to hesitate, what i mean is if you use the bucket to push down branches in a brush pile it will hesitate when you pull the joy stick to raise it back up for a couple of seconds. Do you follow me?

Do you think that the suction screen may have restricted flow? It is due for a change and screen cleaning, but I have been holding off to get through the next two mowings(hope only two left) and due all of the maintenance when i can devore more time.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks guys

Mark

/ L3010 Jerky Hydraulic How To ? #5  
Yea you could have a flow problem since when you move the joy stick and nothing happens immediately, it is like it is building up pressure in order to do what it needs to do.

Both your FEL and 3pt are having the same problem so it will have to be something that both need to operate....clean fluid, good pressure & flow.
A clogged filter, bad pump, pressure relief valve stuck open or low fluid will cause all these symptoms