L3010 PTO won’t disengage

/ L3010 PTO won’t disengage #1  

longnkrnch

Tractor
Kubota L3010
Today I was using my tiller and the PTO won’t disengage. When I move the lever to the disengage position the cable just goes slack.
I can go under the tractor and with just a little finger pressure move the lever to the disengage position, but then when I re-engage I have to crawl under and manually disengage under the tractor each time.
Any help would be appreciated.

/ L3010 PTO won’t disengage #2  
   / L3010 PTO won’t disengage
Thought about that. Also wondered if this cable might be damaged and is somehow catching when moving in disengage direction. Haven’t gotten a good look at the return spring yet to se if it might be broken. I do feel some resistance when engaging and thought that was spring pressure. Also can’t seem to engage by pulling lever with a couple fingers and thought that was because of spring pressure. Good call though. I’m betting it’s one or the other.
I have an inquiry in to Messicks to get part number for cable. I figure that would be a good starting point.
Don’t want to have to try and remove that lever/spring assembly unless I have to.

/ L3010 PTO won’t disengage #4  
Cable frayed inside of covering could also be possible.

/ L3010 PTO won’t disengage #5  
Not hard to replace not that I've ever replaced mine. I keep the cables oiled frequently.

/ L3010 PTO won’t disengage #6  
I had a push pull cable like that on a piece of equipment that unbeknownst to me was damaged half way along the cable length. Took vise grips and a lot of force to move it in the sheath after disconnecting both ends

/ L3010 PTO won’t disengage
Cable frayed inside of covering could also be possible.
Yes, that’s gonna be my first course of action. It’s the easiest!😊
Thanks