L3400 enough tracto?

/ L3400 enough tracto? #1  

billynphilly

Tractor
kubota,L3400
Hello,I am looking at buying the L3400 to skid some pine logs 20" by 20' and some 18" by 17' hadwood on 50 acres of resonably level bush,I would like to do as little damage as possible and am not in a huge hurry.Thanks for your help. <font color="red"> </font>

/ L3400 enough tracto? #2  
I tried one out before I got the L3130 and it was a strong tractor. I tried to pick up a blown over tree with the bucket, but it was too heavy for is so the rear end of the tractor came up. The tree was about 16" in diameter at the butt and the stump was attached in the ground.

I don't know what it will pull or skid, but I'm thinking it will skid a tree like you mentioned.

The L3400 in my opinion in one of the best buys if not the best buy around. It is a no frills, well at least not many, working mans tactor.

/ L3400 enough tracto? #3  
I'm currently building a log home for a client. My L 3400HST has been o.k. for moving around 12 inch logs up to 20 feet long. Today I started stacking 14 inch 8 footers and I was able to pick them up o.k.

/ L3400 enough tracto? #4  
Level ground shouldn't be a problem with a green log. You won't be choking 3 together and flying along in high gear, I'd imagine.

Although I feel they don't look as nice, the R1s would give you better traction than the R4s I have on in the bush. Mind you, it sure is nice to spin instead of run out of power!! I am considering chains for mine.

I am very impressed with this machine. Very well put together, a pleasure to use, great power to weight ratio, smooth, great price. The floor board style on other machines gives you more foot room if you are planning to do a great deal of jumping on and off. However, having shifter levers, etc as directly attached to the part they are manipulating seems to result in a tighter feel -- eg. shifter lever sticking out of the tranny seems tighter than one on the fender with linkages to the tranny.

All the basics, a few frills, lots of power, great reputation.

/ L3400 enough tracto? #5  
I have an L3400 and skid logs the size you describe out of hilly timber. I keep a 6 foot box scraper hooked to the back and that helps when I lift the logs onto a trailer. I have even loaded a 10 foot 54 inch Sycamore. I rolled it up a ramp onto a goose neck trailer. I could not be more happy with my L3400.