L3450 GST Fluid level Question

/ L3450 GST Fluid level Question #1  

frankc

Bronze Member
Tractor
B9200HST, G6200H, B7800 & L3450GST
Hi Guys, wondering if anyone can tell me how to check the transmission/hydraulic fluid in this tractor?
I just got it used and didn't get an operators manual! My dad has an L2900 and it has a sight window on the Rear rock shaft region to see the fluid level. This is an older machine than that one and doesn't have that sight window. At the top of the rock shaft where the oil fill cap would be, they ran the power-beyond line from the added rear remotes into it, so if this is where the dipstick would have been, how can I now check the fluid?
Problem really is, I have a small leak wear the glide-shift shaft turns at the bottom of the trans, I think that there's probably an O-ring that is deteriorated some, but until I get a parts manual to see, I'm just guessing. Anyway, it doesn't seem to leak when running, just sitting overnight it will leave a film of oil about the size of a dollar bill on the concrete. I know I need to fix this, but in the mean time want to make sure fluid level is correct. Any help available is appreciated. Same series machines were the L2950 and L3650, I'd guess they were the same as far as how the FLuid level is checked.
By the way, tractor operates fine, little slow/delayed when sliding between gears, but loader and 3ph seem not affected.

/ L3450 GST Fluid level Question #2  
Frank, I believe the sight glass is just below the clutch pedal in the side of the trans case.......

/ L3450 GST Fluid level Question #3  
Frank,
I have a 1993 L3650 and it has the level glass on the left side as mentioned by Art. I would try changing the transmission filters and using kubota super UDT in both the Transmission and the front axle, if its a 4wd model.

Good luck,
John

/ L3450 GST Fluid level Question
Thanks Guys, Your right ON!

Merry Xmas

Frank

/ L3450 GST Fluid level Question #5  
I just bought a L3450GST. I purchased a parts manual and an owners manual on ebay. I ended up paying around 35.00 for the both of them including the shipping. Good luck with the Kubota L3450GST. I found mine to be strong and very manuverable. I am clearing about 12 acres.