L35 THREE POINT QUESTION

/ L35 THREE POINT QUESTION #1  

CHENO

This has been discussed several times, but it has been a while. Hoping that since it was last discussed, there has been an after market fix for my problem. I need the 3 point hitch set up for my L 35. I searched all over the tractor and can not find. Does anyone know of an aftermarket setup available or of a salvage yard that may have one, and what other models will interchange. I have just bought this machine with 1050 hours and after reading the horror stories of removing the backhoe for the first time (backhoe has never been removed). Sound like I'm in for some fun. Thanks

/ L35 THREE POINT QUESTION
also where is the best place to get a owners manual

/ L35 THREE POINT QUESTION #3  
I have a B26, so a much smaller machine, and I just took off my backhoe. I bought the machine in May with 313 hours on it. I took off the backhoe last weekend when it had 350 hours. Although the right hand side pin came out fairly easily, the left hand side one gave me some trouble. I suspected the backhoe had never been taken off and there was corrosion in the pin/receiver interface area. Yup, when I finally got the pin out (after about five minutes of hammering with a ball peen) there was minor surface corrosion.

I cleaned both surfaces off with ScotchBrite and then covered both the pin and hole with grease.

With over a thousand hours you may have a bit more problem than me. But it really all depends on your climate. If you're in the snow belt like me or near the coast you may have more corrosion than if you were in a dry climate. In any event, if you plan to take the backhoe off, you might as well do it now as it won't ever get easier. Take your time and try some carb cleaner or penetrating oil first. It may may the job easier. Good luck.

/ L35 THREE POINT QUESTION #4  
I believe the 3 point arms from an L39 will fit the L35. They may be easier to find.