L3540 3 Point Lift Control

/ L3540 3 Point Lift Control #1  

claridon

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3540HST+
I知 new to this site and am really glad I found it.
I知 in a quandary right now and am looking for some of the expert advice I致e seen so much of.
I am about to purchase a new tractor and considering the Farmtrac 360DTC or the Kubota L3540. I know it痴 not quite apples to apples, but this is where I知 at.
My issue is with the 3 pt hydraulic lift control on the Kubota: 撤osition control is standard; 泥raft control is optional. I want to be able to use a 2 bottom plow. Is the optional draft control necessary or can plowing be done with the standard position control?
The Farmtrac has draft control (as well as 2 sets of remote outlets) as standard.
All the old Fords I致e owned have had draft control. I don稚 want to overlook ordering it if I really need it on the Kubota.
Thank you in advance for any insight or experience you can share.

/ L3540 3 Point Lift Control #2  
I am far from an expert on anything to do with ground engaging equipment - or anything else for that matter.

However, if I were planning to use a plow, I would want draft control to control the depth.

Let me add something else for you to consider. Have you considered moving up to the L3940 or the L4240? I know that the former is not that much more than the L3540 and the extra HP might help with the ground engaging work.

/ L3540 3 Point Lift Control
Thank you for your response, I appreciate it. I've looked at the larger tractors and have decided to draw the $$$ line at the L3540. I'd love to go larger but....
Thanks.