Backhoe L3830 + BH90 + Curtis Cab

/ L3830 + BH90 + Curtis Cab #1  

WAB85

Tractor
Kubota L3830, Kubota B2620,Kubota RTV900
Does anyone have an L3830 or similar tractor with a Kubota backhoe AND a Curtis cab on the tractor?
If you do I would appreciate your thoughts / comments.
Thanks in advance,
KW

/ L3830 + BH90 + Curtis Cab
I need to add some more info so my question makes sense. I have an L3830 with a loader and a sub-frame mount BH-90 backhoe. Part of the time I take the backhoe off and put the 3 point hitch on to allow using a post hole digger, bush hog mower, rear mount rototiller, and snow-blower. I don't want to go through another winter blowing snow without a cab. The catch is I don't want to give up the backhoe, but it will not work with a Kubota factory cab. I am told the Curtis cab mounts in front of the ROPS and the backhoe can still be used. Does anyone have this set-up? I am looking for input before I make a purchase.
Thanks
KW

/ L3830 + BH90 + Curtis Cab #3  
kubota L3130 curtis cab 2.jpgkubota L3130 curtis cab 3.jpg
I don't know anything about attaching a BH, but these old file pictures of an L3130 show it will work. I bought the same Curtis cab unassembled for my L3830, took about 6 hrs to install. It's not very quiet, but with a set of insulated headphones it sure is comfortable with the heater in our western Canada winters.

garf658 -- Thanks for the picture with the backhoe. I have ordered the Curtis Cab for my L3830 and it should ship w/o Nov 10. Do you have any tips regarding the installation? Did you buy your heater from Curtis and is it simple to install? Thanks again for your help.
KW

/ L3830 + BH90 + Curtis Cab #5  
KW,
I don't know the answer about the Curtis cab, but I'm working on a project to mount up a 3 pt hitch type backhoe with a Kubota factory subframe. I know Kubota uses two brackets that move the BH92 out away from the tractor to clear the cab. The part numbers are:
7K505-17010 & 7K505-17020. They are a little over $200 ea.
I don't have any measuements on them so no idea if they work with the BH90

HP

Herkypilot
I have confirmed the Curtis cab can be used with the BH90. My BH90 is on an L3830 and it is a sub-frame mount hoe. I like the sub-frame mounted hoe and it is very easy to remove and install. However it is necessary to remove the 3PH arms when the hoe is on the tractor. That is not a big deal for me.
The brackets you mentioned are needed to set the hoe back further from the tractor when a Kubota factory cab is used. Thanks for your reply.
KW

/ L3830 + BH90 + Curtis Cab #7  
garf658 -- Thanks for the picture with the backhoe. I have ordered the Curtis Cab for my L3830 and it should ship w/o Nov 10. Do you have any tips regarding the installation? Did you buy your heater from Curtis and is it simple to install? Thanks again for your help.
KW

The cab was fairly simple, it did take two of us to hold and bolt together. I did not buy a Curtis heater, instead I got an auxiliary heater from Princess Auto that is a little bigger. It is about 20,000btu rated with a dual squirrel cage fan http://images.palcdn.com/ . I mounted it above the console against the window and built a box around it to accommodate the air intake. I then piped a 3" pvc pipe from the back rear of the cab with an outside air filter on it for the fresh air intake. The only Kubota piece I ordered was the heater hose adaptor that threads into the engine block. The actual cab install time was minor compared to the heater and lighting install. I also installed a 50A breaker beside the battery to supply the additional wiring. I'll try to remember some pics next time I am at the property, but it actually turned out really well.

/ L3830 + BH90 + Curtis Cab #8  
garf658,

How do you like the cab now that 3 years have passed? I'd like a cab for my tractor and adding a cab seems more economical versus buying a new or used tractor with a cab and backhoe.

Can you provide pictures of your setup along with your heater arrangement?

Any regrets or changes you would make?

Thanks.