l4310 won't move

/ l4310 won't move #1  

sharktrac

Hi guy's Iam new to this site but would love some info!
I got a 4310 4x4 that works great for the first half hour but slowley loses forward and reverse. The filters have been changed along with the hyd oil. The tractor works fine in the winter here in upstate N.Y. but this summer I have started to have this problem. The tractor will quit moving but if you wait a half hour it will work fine for another half hour etc. Any input would be great:)

/ l4310 won't move #2  
Sounds similar to a problem I had. (I assume you are talking about a hydro tranny). Did you clean the wire mesh screen that bolts the hydro delivery pipe onto the side of the transmission case? It just looks like an ordinary bolt head but in fact its also an oil strainer. It gets clogged with metal shavings and other gunk. When it gets clogged it will stop the tractor dead, but when you rest the tractor the heavier bits of muck drop away from strainer and will briefly let you get moving again. If you havent got a parts manual look in kubotabooks for a similar model. Or look up a thread about 'B1550 HST transmission whine'.

MediaMax, powered by Streamload - Free Online Storage - Share Videos and Photos - Online MP3 Access

/ l4310 won't move #3  
what hyd oil are you using. i do remember something about super udt not being very good in hotter conditions but im no expert because we only get normal udt in oz. im thinking more along the lines of an overheated transmission. does the oil smell or is dark. has the fan been broken on the transmission. how clean is the oil cooler etc. are you operating in high when medium would be more suited, just creeping the hst really does heat them up quickly. thats a good point about the screen to, they always get missed beacuse they just look like a bolt.also check the hydraulic system for loose fittings on the suction side of the pumps. they may not leak oil but will suck air. if all this fails get a dealer to check the trans. its starting to get way to technical from there

/ l4310 won't move
The oil that I used was what the dealer gave me and what my manual called for. I have looked in the owners manual and cannot find anything about that screen. you did say that it was the bolt by the inlet tube or is it inside the inlet tube itself ? By the way guys thanks for the help

/ l4310 won't move #5  
sharktrac said:
The oil that I used was what the dealer gave me and what my manual called for. I have looked in the owners manual and cannot find anything about that screen. you did say that it was the bolt by the inlet tube or is it inside the inlet tube itself ? By the way guys thanks for the help

If your tractor has one, it will resemble the screen pictured here, from this thread...

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-hydrostatic-trans-whine.html?highlight=whine

The filter is 'inside' the transmission case or 'sump'. From the outside it just looks like a bolt head and 'banjo connection' thats connecting the oil line (from the HST) to the sump. You may have one on each side, one for the hydro and one for the loader etc.

Attachments

• hydrosreen.jpg
    hydrosreen.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 318