L4400 : Stiff throttle lever

/ L4400 : Stiff throttle lever #1  

General Lee

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, L4400, BX1870
Hey folks, Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix my throttle lever. Its been stiff for a while and seems to be getting stiffer :laughing:

Anyway, It hardly gets to full throttle due to this. Can it be lubed somehow or there a lock nut and nut to adjust?

/ L4400 : Stiff throttle lever #2  
Hey folks, Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix my throttle lever. Its been stiff for a while and seems to be getting stiffer :laughing:

Anyway, It hardly gets to full throttle due to this. Can it be lubed somehow or there a lock nut and nut to adjust?

Well, I have never torn the Kubota one apart, but I did work on my Kioti, and wonder if they are similar. On the Kioti, there is a double nutted friction disk(s) and some linkage. here is the thread.. Might not be anything like yours, but it might help to explain it, i don't know. Good luck with it.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ottle-lubrication-pix.html?highlight=throttle

/ L4400 : Stiff throttle lever #3  
Look below the dash above and inboard of the brake pedals... While moving the hand throttle lever ... You will see all the pieces that need to move. Use some spray lube and it will work like it did when new. KennyV

/ L4400 : Stiff throttle lever #4  
Also, if it has a foot throttle (gear type tractor) like the 4200,
the throttle lever is connected to it by linkage under the floor board,
check for binding etc.

/ L4400 : Stiff throttle lever #5  
Had the same thing on my L3400. Under the dash you'll see a rubber grommet used as a stabilizer on the throttle lever rod. Squirt some lubricant on that grommet and you'll be amazed at the difference :)

/ L4400 : Stiff throttle lever
Thank guys for the replies, seems easy enough. Now hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to get it done. Thanks!

/ L4400 : Stiff throttle lever
Look below the dash above and inboard of the brake pedals... While moving the hand throttle lever ... You will see all the pieces that need to move. Use some spray lube and it will work like it did when new. KennyV

Ding Ding!! Finally took care of the issue. After plowing through 2 storms, before putting the tractor away I hit the linkage with some fluid film. Much better now.

/ L4400 : Stiff throttle lever #8  
Yup- a little Fluid Film, or LPS-3 will do the trick. My L3400's throttle lever is almost too easy to move, now. Time will fix that.