L4701 3pt height adjustment

/ L4701 3pt height adjustment #1  

cajunInExile

My L4701 has a stop with a twist knob on it to set the lower level of your 3pt hitch operation. With my bush hog and flail mower, I find that the knob loosens up with lifting and dropping at every turn, and I eventually have to move the stop back up, and then retighten the knob. Has anyone figured out a better solution? I was hoping for an aftermarket add-on that might make a better mechanical lower limit stop point.

If I could skip pass the lower limit without moving it, that would be cool to (backing up to a downward slope before resuming a level cut).

Thanks for reading!

/ L4701 3pt height adjustment #2  
If you could somehow stick a washer or two on it, that might provide enough material to make the screw action much tighter (less likely yo loosen on its own)

/ L4701 3pt height adjustment #3  
Someone here on TBN posted a mod on this very issue. I believe it was a quick release type lever that looked very secure and sturdy.
Parts and pics.
I have an OEM stop knob, but never use it.

/ L4701 3pt height adjustment #4  
If you can remove the screw put a bit of Vibra-Tite VC-3 on it after cleaning and degreasing it. Unlike Loctite it allows adjustment after application. It acts kind of like a self locking nut.