L5030HTC Windshield

/ L5030HTC Windshield #1  

dawoodwa

Silver Member
Tractor
L5030 cab, JD 2940
I have a L5030 HTC that a "friend" borrowed and promptly wrecked. He was going down a dirt road and hit the loader lever and dropped the bucket. He is ok except for 4 broken ribs and a sliced face. His chest broke the steering wheel and he went out on the hood, obviously he took the seatbelt off after I stressed the importance of wearing it. I have already replaced the bucket and streering wheel but don't have a clue about the windshield. Has anyone ever replaced one, how does it mount? It doesn't sit in a gasket like the windshield on my JD, it appears to mount with two-sided tape.

/ L5030HTC Windshield #2  
omg...BUMMER...sorry this happened to you and your friend and your 5030.

haven't had to do windshield replacement, thankfully, but did have to replace door. That was relatively simple but there the rubber gasket fits onto the door.

Guess this makes a good argument for putting the FEL into the "lock" position when whirling down the road. But that would requires complete familiarity with the tractor...and I'd never try to slide it into lock while moving.

Hope someone can answer your specific question.

/ L5030HTC Windshield #3  
G'day my guess is that it is glued in get a sharp knife ( box cutter) and with gloves and safety glasses on cut through between the glass and the cab, when you get it cut out keep going til you get all the old rubber off and then apply a windscreen sealant ( sikaflex over here ) usually avail from the bigger auto shops and stick the new glass in, i usually stick it in with a bit of 100mph tape til the goo set about 24 hrs and don't close the doors until it sets ( the trapping of air can make them pop out:eek:). Easy enough job just takes a little muscle to cut the old goo out ( good job for the friend that got it into this situation ) . If it is just flat glass most windscreen places can cut you the glass for a fraction of the cost of genuine and just as good. Good luck with it:thumbsup:

Jon