L5740 and rotary cutter

/ L5740 and rotary cutter #1  

drpad

Tractor
Kubota L5740
I am trading in my B7800 for a L5740. I currently have a 5 foot Bushog Razorback cutter and wanted to get a larger rotary cutter. I will be mowing 30-40 acres of pasture - not doing any heavy cutting of brush or small trees.

Does anyone who has a L5240 or 5740 can tell me the maximum size recommended in the manual?

I looked at a Woods DS96 mower at a different dealer and the salesman felt the tractor could handle this. Since it is a holiday and the Kubota dealer is closed - I thought I would check with the experts on this forum

Thanks,

Peter

/ L5740 and rotary cutter #2  
I'd think that eight foot is mangable for that much horsepower. I'd look for a twin spindle so it runs tight to the tractor so less ballast would be needed.

I would also buy a twin tail wheel unit!

/ L5740 and rotary cutter #3  
When I purchased my 5240 last month I asked the same question and was told 8' was the recommended largest size. After seeing a 7' and 8' mounted on my machine I went with the 7' because it stayed behind the wheels and was very easy to mow around trees. I have 20 acres and mow about 15.

/ L5740 and rotary cutter
Thanks for the information. The eight foot dual spindle model seems like it would work.

Peter

/ L5740 and rotary cutter #6  
DRPAD:

See my post on Woods Brushbull 720. It is 6 feet and about 1300 lbs with the chains. I posted some pictures and info on the Brush Bull 720. I would not want to pull anything wider unless I was cutting smooth level fields. If I was doing wider fields I would get a lighter bush hog. The beauty is my 5240 has lots of power and I find that I run the PTO speed at 400 rpm ~ 1900 rpm engine speed

Attachments

• BushHogStoragew.jpg
    BushHogStoragew.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 487
  • MeBushHog.jpg
    MeBushHog.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 839
   / L5740 and rotary cutter #7  
drpad said:
I am trading in my B7800 for a L5740. I currently have a 5 foot Bushog Razorback cutter and wanted to get a larger rotary cutter. I will be mowing 30-40 acres of pasture - not doing any heavy cutting of brush or small trees.

Does anyone who has a L5240 or 5740 can tell me the maximum size recommended in the manual?

I looked at a Woods DS96 mower at a different dealer and the salesman felt the tractor could handle this. Since it is a holiday and the Kubota dealer is closed - I thought I would check with the experts on this forum

Thanks,

Peter

Would you mind sharing details of your trade-in trade-up deal?

Curious, because I am thinking the same way. Need a bigger machine now that the property is working.

-Mike Z.

/ L5740 and rotary cutter #8  
SCDolphin said:
DRPAD:

See my post on Woods Brushbull 720. It is 6 feet and about 1300 lbs with the chains. I posted some pictures and info on the Brush Bull 720. I would not want to pull anything wider unless I was cutting smooth level fields. If I was doing wider fields I would get a lighter bush hog. The beauty is my 5240 has lots of power and I find that I run the PTO speed at 400 rpm ~ 1900 rpm engine speed

Nice looking rig, SCDolphin!

/ L5740 and rotary cutter #9  
Thanks Roy.......be paying for it the rest of my life but I could not find a used tractor cheap enough or one that fit what I was looking for.