L5740 - cost for 3 point hitch hardware

/ L5740 - cost for 3 point hitch hardware #1  

cstamm81

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Mahindra 3016HST, Kubota F2880
I have got a line on a nice L5740 with a BH92 backhoe. The issue is, the 3 point hitch hardware that was removed to install the hoe has been lost. Anyone know the cost to buy everything needed from Kubota? Minus the missing hardware, this unit has everything I need. Thanks in advance, it will help with price negotiations.

/ L5740 - cost for 3 point hitch hardware #2  
I recall people complaining it was over a grand or something stupid expensive on the Kubota TBLs. On the TBLs there was an item in the Whole Goods catalog for the 3pt. Whole Goods is handled by the sales guys, not the parts guys. You'll find all the individual parts on Messicks parts page, but not the Whole Goods stuff with the full kits. Not sure if the 3pt is avalible for the Grands via Whole Goods or not though. They come with all tractors but I dont think they come with all TBLs.

At a minimum look in the Messicks online parts catalog & add up pieces.

Hopefully some of that 2nd or 3rd hand info gets you started.

/ L5740 - cost for 3 point hitch hardware #3  
I have got a line on a nice L5740 with a BH92 backhoe. The issue is, the 3 point hitch hardware that was removed to install the hoe has been lost. Anyone know the cost to buy everything needed from Kubota? Minus the missing hardware, this unit has everything I need. Thanks in advance, it will help with price negotiations.
Get ready to be shocked, its expensive. I bet at least $2000 for everything. On bigger Kubotas, the arms are pretty big and pretty well thought out. Theres a screw-type gearbox to level one side with the other and extendable links on the ends. . Id put a lot of effort into tracking down the lost 3 point hitch hardware before ordering.

/ L5740 - cost for 3 point hitch hardware
Thanks for the replies. I figured $1000 easy, sounds like $2000 isn't out of the question. The seller is tied in with Messick's and other local dealers, he buys clean used tractors from them, goes over them and resells. Unfortunately it seems the person who traded this in to Messick's didn't include the arms. I did get a look at the 3 point hardware on the two other 5740's he had, I agree the hardware is beefy and they are more than generic standard 3 point hardware. I'm hoping the seller is williing to drop the price a decent amount given what it costs to replace these.

/ L5740 - cost for 3 point hitch hardware #5  
Thanks for the replies. I figured $1000 easy, sounds like $2000 isn't out of the question. The seller is tied in with Messick's and other local dealers, he buys clean used tractors from them, goes over them and resells. Unfortunately it seems the person who traded this in to Messick's didn't include the arms. I did get a look at the 3 point hardware on the two other 5740's he had, I agree the hardware is beefy and they are more than generic standard 3 point hardware. I'm hoping the seller is williing to drop the price a decent amount given what it costs to replace these.

I have 2 large Kubotas (M-126X & M135X) with complete 3 point hitches. I dont use either one, well maybe a few times a year on the M-126X. In fact, theyre more in the way and interfere with my Balers, rake, tedder or 15' rotary cutters. So one day I decided I would try to sell one of the 3 point set ups. I figured I can swap the remaining 3 point set up on either tractor whenever I want. I called Messicks to get a price for all the parts since its not available as a "set". It was $3,600 !!!! I had it advertised on CL for a little while, then decided to take the ad down.
I wouldnt be surprised if your 3 point parts could easily be $2,000-$3,000.

/ L5740 - cost for 3 point hitch hardware
I went on Messicks site, it looks like a little over 2k for everything. That痴 assuming I didn稚 miss any parts that would be needed from the diagram. I won稚 need the 3 point right away, as I have a lot of backhoe work to do. I made a deal with the seller, so I値l just have to bend over when the time comes I need to 3 point. I suppose you can稚 win them all when it comes to used machines.

/ L5740 - cost for 3 point hitch hardware #7  
I went on Messicks site, it looks like a little over 2k for everything. That痴 assuming I didn稚 miss any parts that would be needed from the diagram. I won稚 need the 3 point right away, as I have a lot of backhoe work to do. I made a deal with the seller, so I値l just have to bend over when the time comes I need to 3 point. I suppose you can稚 win them all when it comes to used machines.
Going into a deal that has some issues isn't a problem as long as you are fully aware of what those issues might be. Sounds like you know roughly what pain in the wallet its gonna be when you need your 3pt. You should have time to look for a cheaper used set from a tractor junkyard or something.