L5740 seat kill switch

/ L5740 seat kill switch #1  

billybeaver

When I lift up out of the seat of my L5740 to turn and look behind this activates the seat kill switch and the tractor shuts off. Is there a way to temporarily disable this feature. I tried taping down the button and that didn't work. Must need something else done. Thanks.

/ L5740 seat kill switch #2  
Not sure of your model- but my BX has 2 kill switches under the seat. My recollection is a little foggy at the moment, but engaging the PTO, or just to move the tractor via HST with the seat in BH position kills the engine. I find that both switches on seat needs to be pressed simulatanously.

/ L5740 seat kill switch #3  
You should be able to pull the three wires to the seat switch and tape them all together. The two switches that radioman is refering to are the same. One is activated when the seat is tilted forward and the other when you are sitting, not simultaneously. Hope this helps.

/ L5740 seat kill switch
Not sure about the 3 wire thing. What I see is 2 wires going into the seat cushion and 2 different wires going to a push button switch on the seat frame. Tried taping down the push button without success. Any thoughts? Thanks.

/ L5740 seat kill switch #5  
I'm sorry, I'm not sure where I got three. You are correct there are only two wires. The switch is very simple in that there is a metal piece that slids down and completes the circuit. Essentially you should be able tape the button down. Possibly the tape is stretching and allowing the botton to raise back up. I have seen where people have placed a small piece of cardboard over the button and then tightly taped that down. If the tape isn't stretching it's possible that with wear there is now a specific spot that makes the best connection. If at all possible see how far down the button is depressed when you are sitting in the seat and tape it accordingly. I would think easier than trying to look under yourself while sitting would be to find or cut a small piece of metal the width of the connectors on the seat switch and long enough to connect both wires together. I hope one of these works for you, keep me posted.

/ L5740 seat kill switch #6  
Maybe a zip tie would hold it better? I ran into this problem on my 3940 while brushcutting. It was thick and I stood up to see better and the engine shut down. Arrgghhh.

Please keep us posted if you find something that works.

/ L5740 seat kill switch #7  
Have you pressed both switches down with your fingers with seat up and see if it still running ? If so then you know tape was not holding down right. However not trying to evade the safty police here- are you sure you need that disabled ?