L5740 totally dead electrics.

/ L5740 totally dead electrics. #1  

Ejinva

Tractor
JD4500, JD6400, JD40S, JD5085M, IH584, Kubota L5740,
If you ever get into your
L series (mine is L5740) and you turn on key and nothing happens, as if the battery had been removed, read on.
On the positive battery post connector there is a small spade. On the main fuse box (top cover is marked Main, Keystop, Alternator, Glow) there is a short ~12ga wire with a connector on the end. The connector goes on the spade. The spade to connector may be badly oxidized or just plain loose. Now you should have power to run the tractor. I have looked at the parts diagram and I do not see it as I described.

Three or four times over the past 6+ years I have had the totally dead condition. I did not know the cause or the fix then. I would wiggle, push, pull wires and it would work again. Now I know. I just installed a new battery so I had to figure it out since with the new battery I had a dead tractor. I hope I can save you a headache.

positive battery connector shown below:
1634343712290.png

/ L5740 totally dead electrics. #2  
Yup, same problem on my L3240, i keep forgetting to clean up the connector so just wiggle it and go on my way. Sometimes it completely dead, sometimes I get the low voltage flicker from the instrument panel.