L6060 AGM BATTERY

/ L6060 AGM BATTERY #1  

HardCoreHawkFan

Tractor
Kubota l3301
Battery showing signs of being on the way out in my L6060. Part number comes up with 80D26R. I’m a fan of AGM batteries, what replacement batteries are you using? I know it’s a group 26r, but I think a 24r would fit? Anyone use a 24r?

/ L6060 AGM BATTERY #2  
I'm using a group 31R Odyssey AGM battery in my M6040. The exact designation - PC2150S-R. It's rated at 1150 CCA. Replaced the OEM battery after nine years. The Odyssey is not a cheap battery. But in the winter I don't care to be fooling around with a weak batteries.

It's also a very heavy battery. Wasn't a whole lot of fun lifting it into its required location.

/ L6060 AGM BATTERY #3  
My original oem battery is still doing fine after almost 7 years, but when the time comes I will be putting an Odyssey battery in it.
I used to use Optima Red or Yellow Tops, but had a run of catastrophic failures with them. Their quality seems to have fallen off a cliff.

/ L6060 AGM BATTERY #4  
This coming year will be year four for my Odyssey. Obviously - no problems. And although its just really darn heavy - this presents no problem for a tractor.

I've never tried an Optima battery. For some reason - a battery that resembles a six-pack doesn't seem to be right.

/ L6060 AGM BATTERY #5  
My L6060 battery failed in the first season. Got replacement from Kubota, thought they would replace under warranty but a couple months later got bill for full price even though I returned the failed battery. Now I go to Caterpillar and buy whatever their selling because they have an excellent warranty.

/ L6060 AGM BATTERY #6  
I have never had an issue with any Optima battery in over 20 years.

I have 2 vehicles and 1 tractor currently. All of them have Optima red tops in them. Currently the oldest one is 11 years old (wife's 4Runner), followed by a 5 year old one in my tractor, and I just put one in my truck last year. They work flawlessly down to -45F (not windchill) and I never have to charge one or try to keep it warm. My truck can sit for weeks at a time and it always fires up on the first try (now that it has an Optima). Tractor sits out in an unheated shop building all winter, no charger or battery blanket on it. It can always fire up after one cycle on the glow plugs, even after sitting for weeks at -40F.

My old Dodge powerwagon had a "blue top" (the combo one, for starting and rv draw deep cycle). It was still fine after 10 years in my truck in AZ.

I keep buying them because they keep working for me. If they didn't, I would toss them. I owe no loyalty to the brand, other than they keep working for me.

/ L6060 AGM BATTERY
Update
A 80D26R battery as called out in the owners manual for L6060 is hard to find and apparently no one makes a 26R size in AGM. Took the dimensions off of the OEM battery and it appears a FVP 24R would fit. But when I went to install the post are mounted towards the front of the battery which will not work. I can’t find a regular 24 size battery in AGM, so I am ordering one in and will try to install it backwards to put the positive post at the right rear of the battery that this install requires.

/ L6060 AGM BATTERY #8  
Battery showing signs of being on the way out in my L6060. Part number comes up with 80D26R. I’m a fan of AGM batteries, what replacement batteries are you using? I know it’s a group 26r, but I think a 24r would fit? Anyone use a 24r?

My Kioti was going on its third battery a few years ago so I put in an AGM battery because there is a short somewhere that randomly drains the battery (which never happens when I'm trying to diagnose the issue) and AGM batteries don't freeze in the winter and crack.

/ L6060 AGM BATTERY
Went with the FVP 24 AGM, installed it backwards and fit fine. Tractor fired right up.