L6060 Air Ride Seat and Stationary PTO

/ L6060 Air Ride Seat and Stationary PTO #1  

Tjaltz

Tractor
Kubota B3200, L6060
I have a 2019 L6060 HSTC Grand with a OEM (Grammer) air ride seat. I understand that this factory option technically disables the stationary PTO function. You cannot tilt the air ride seat up to operate the PTO in stationary mode, and Kubota offers no official solution. I also know that if I place a jumper wire across the blue and black wires that the seat harness plugs into, I can set the brake, engage the PTO and leave the operators station with the PTO continuing to run. The only time I want to operate the PTO in stationary mode is with a PTO driven wood chipper. For all other tractor operations, I would prefer to leave the seat switch operational, rather than having it jumped out all the time. I want to install a two position rocker switch in the cab, where one position is normal operation (original seat switch wiring), and the second position with the seat switch jumped, for wood chipper operations. I'm having a hard time figuring it out, and was looking for some help. Has anyone ever installed a switch for this? I appreciate any assistance offered.

/ L6060 Air Ride Seat and Stationary PTO #2  
My L3200 had 3 wires going into the switch. Power in, one normally open contact & one normally closed. Rather than bother probing things & figuring it out I just zip tied the switch down. It was easily reversed & sufficient.

I have air ride in my L4060hstc, so will run into the same issue whenever I get my PTO generator rewired. Debating whether to figure out a bypass switch like you want or just sticking a rock in the seat. I have electronics skills, but am also lazy.

I defeated the seat switch on the L3200 mostly so I could stand & look at the pallet forks tips. I can't stand in the cab & don't have the generator working so no motivation to mess with it at the moment.

/ L6060 Air Ride Seat and Stationary PTO #3  
Are you looking for assistance on basic switch wiring? That is what it sounds like, so I will explain. You need a switch called an SPST (single pole, single throw), and not a momentary switch. Momentary switches only close the contacts while you are holding the switch down, and when you let go it shuts off. An SPST switch will have 2 or terminals on it. Further there are 2 types of SPST switches - NO (normally open) and NC (normally closed). In a NO switch the 2 contacts are not connected when the switch is in the off position (there they are Open, Normally, if you will...). NC the contacts are connected together when the switch is off. You need an SPST-NO switch. Run a pair of wires from the harness to the switch, and connect one to each contact (order does not matter here). Connect the other end of the wires to the 2 wires in the connector you have already identified. When you flip the switch on, you will be able to use the PTO when not seated. When you switch it off, you can only use the PTO while seated. A toggle or rocker switch would be the typical style for this switch.

I hope this makes sense and is what you were looking for.
-Dave