LA145 can't start engine

/ LA145 can't start engine #41  
Jack, if you have doubts about the fuel pump working, just remove the hose on its outlet side going to the carburetor. Crank over the engine and look for fuel to squirt out. Sometimes the filters don't fill up, but fuel is going through them just fine.

What I think is wrong with your mower is the same thing that I had wrong with mine. The float needle valve is sticking shut. This doesn't let fuel into the float chamber and the engine will run for a few seconds and die or not start at all. Your dealer should be very familiar with this problem since it is commonly caused by the original plastic float valve. A new one made of brass cures the problem. If you want to fix this yourself and are willing to tear into your carburetor's I'll try to help. I have several posts with photos in this forum.

for a quick check, put a little gasoline into a spray bottle and squirt about a tablespoon of fuel into the open throat of the carb. Turn over the engine and it should try to fire. If it starts for a few seconds or trys to start. Your problem is fuel starvation due to the problem I described or dirt in the fuel jets.