LA723 Re-Attaching

/ LA723 Re-Attaching #1  

cisunix

I have un-attached my loader from 3130 and I am having trouble reattaching the connectors they are color coded BUT i can not press them hard enough to connect is there a trick that I am missing

/ LA723 Re-Attaching #2  
cisunix:

It's not a trick. What you have is residual pressure in the lines probably because you didn't rotate the joystick through all the positions with the engine OFF.

What you need to do is take a wooden dowel and physically push the ball check in on each of the connectors. Only the connectors that are attached to the loader hoses. That will allow the pressure to be relieved and the fluid will escape, probably on your hand or pants depending on where you are holding the fitting. You must use a wooden dowel or something soft. The check balls are stainless but if you score one, you'll have to replace that end and they aren't cheap. Screwdrivers or anything else metal is a no-no.

Next time you remove the loader, after you lower the stands, roll the bucket forward and pull the pins, roll the bucket back to release the loader frame from the uprights.....shut off the engine and rotate the joystick through all positions. That will allow the loader to "relax" and remove all pressure on the Parker QD fittings. The fittings will release under pressure but won't re-attach. Be sure to cover each of the fittings with the lanyard caps to keep dirt out of the seats.

It will be normal for a bit of fluid loss each time you disconnect and re-connect the fittings.

/ LA723 Re-Attaching
Thanks from a neophite