Larinda?

/ Larinda? #1  

frankroberts

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 50
I was visiting with a friend today and he was telling me about his new (used) tractor. I'm almost sure that he said it was a 'Larinda' but I don't see any mention of it on these boards. He said that it might be Italian and that it had some kind of relationship with MasseyFerguson.

Does anyone know this tractor?

Thanks

/ Larinda?
It just came to me that the name of the tractor is 'Landini'.

I see that such a tractor exists. If anyone has any comments on Landini I would be interested.

Thank you.

/ Larinda? #3  
ok..thats more like it.

Larinda sounds like a bad **** actresses name:laughing:

/ Larinda? #4  
mabe he ment Mahindra which are rather new and I think they are made in India

/ Larinda? #5  
ARGO tractors of Fabbricco in Italy produce Landini, McCormick and Valpadana Brand tractors. For a while Landini were the italian distributor for Massey Ferguson, then MF bought Landini and landini produced Orchard (Narrow) tractors in MF colours ,Also any MF crawler tractors are in fact Landinis. Mf sold Landini to ARGO GRUPPE i beleive in the early 90/s ????

Last edited:
   / Larinda? #6  
We have an '04 Landini 6860 at the farm I work on... They were under the AGCO name at that point. AGCO also owns M-F and most of the castings on the 6860 have the triple triangle Massey emblem on them. On another note, the 2011 Landini CUT we just got is nothing more than a 25hp Kioti painted Landini blue. The Landini line of tractors and the McCormick line of tractors are manufactured by the ARGO group now.

/ Larinda? #7  
Sorry, Massey lover, but your dates are incorrect

see here:- Our History - Landini - Argo Tractors S.p.A. - Landini, McCormick, agricultural equipments, tractors, agriculture, original spare parts

Massey Ferguson took over Landini around 1960 ?? and sold it to a union managed buyout deal in the early 1990s. (The Morra Family will not discuss this issue) but they as ARGO s.p a purchased it from 1994, at which time there was no ownership link with Massey Ferguson or AGCO. !!!!

Although they still manufactured product in MF and New Holland livery upto 2006, My Last Trip to Fabbricco, the home factory.

Yes the latest Landini & McCormick tractors up to 100 hp (apx) are based on deal with Dadenong ?? of Korea as Rebadged KIOTI products.

From an ex McCormick / Landini / ARGO employee ::):)

/ Larinda? #8  
Landini 1 series ??

Attachments

• Landini 1 Series Brochure.pdf
    783.2 KB · Views: 163