Late 60's MF 135?

/ Late 60's MF 135? #1  

Shenandoah

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135
Hi all,

I just picked up what I was told is a late 60's 135 with the 3 cylinder Perkins gas engine. The tractor is an oldie but a goody and with a little TLC and a check book should be working doing chores by next weekend.

I can't find a serial number in the normal places and was wondering if anyone knows how to differentiate the various years by what features the tractor has. I haven't been able to really dig deep into the tractor as yet, but I do know it has a single stage clutch, has all the gauges including the tach, is a 3 speed with a high/low range, had the headlights off to the sides of the grill (when they were there), and has the round rear fenders like an old 8N.

Any help would be appreciated.

(Btw, I've spent the last couple of days reading through the vintage MF135 threads and have learned a lot. One thread, however, [http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/massey-ferguson-classic-vintage/241531-my-1966-massey-135-tractor.html} seems to have had the pictures hijacked and now includes some NSFW images where originally some images on topic were most likely there. Maybe the mods should visit that thread...)

/ Late 60's MF 135? #2  
No highjack. OP removed them.

/ Late 60's MF 135? #3  
On early model 135's the Tractor registration number was located on a side plate below the batter platform on the left side sitting on the tractor. The engine serial plate was located below the valve cover on the left side sitting on the tractor. At least it is on a Continental engine of same vintage. Some tractor registration number where mounted on the dash on the left side below the gauges in the vertical flat area. In either case, it the plate is missing there should be four tiny holes representing where it was. The registration plate was held on with four small metal screws. The engine plate was secure with four rivits that where tapped into holes.

/ Late 60's MF 135?
Thanks Kid, I'll look below the battery platform for the serial number. There are no holes or witness marks on the dash where the number normally resides. Perhaps that panel was replaced at some point in time.

There are many casting numbers on the tractor so they may provide clues (?).

I was out dragging a gravel drive yesterday and today she really pulls good.

MF135-02.JPG

/ Late 60's MF 135? #5  
The serial number plate on my 1964 MF135 diesel is riveted to the right side of the battery tray. You have to remove the air filter canister to see it.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

/ Late 60's MF 135?
Thanks, I'll look for it this weekend as I'll be doing some routine maintenance as well as other stuff the previous two owners had put off doing such as replacing the rubber boots on the gearshifts, etc.

Put a few hours on it today. I'm really liking it.