Lazy Hydraulics on a BX

/ Lazy Hydraulics on a BX #1  

cokeman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota T1570
My MMM and 3PH implements (PHD and blade) won't lift all the way to the full height on the first attempt. I need to return the lever to the middle position and try two or three times to get the full lift. Is this normal? The UDT is right at the full mark. I have 110 hrs on the machine and it's a bit over a year old. Any suggestions before I talk to the dealer?

Thanks

Dean

/ Lazy Hydraulics on a BX #2  
There was a similar thread like this last week. It seemed there were twigs or debris interfering with the hydraulic lift control. After clearing them out from underneath it worked fine. Maybe you have the same type of blockage.

/ Lazy Hydraulics on a BX
There is no debris interfering with the linkages. Is there anything else I can check?

Dean

/ Lazy Hydraulics on a BX #5  
Did this happen suddenly? Think back about when it started happening. What were you doing, like using the front end loader? Do you have a FEL?

If you were using the loader did you leave it in the float position? Or remove it from the tractor?

Unless you have had a pump failure or a serious blockage in the system, the pressure has to be going somewhere other than to the 3PH.

I am assuming the 50 hour service was done and if it has a screen it was cleaned.

Have you checked under the tractor to see that the hydraulic fluid filter is OK? And the fan for the HST trans?

I am just trying to think of things that could be wrong.

I am not familiar with the lift on the MMM so I can't make any suggestions there. The 3PH linkage has a stop on it that returns the lever to the neutral position when the 3PH is all the way up. Check to be sure that is not out of adjustment.

Bill Tolle

/ Lazy Hydraulics on a BX #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My MMM and 3PH implements (PHD and blade) won't lift all the way to the full height on the first attempt. I need to return the lever to the middle position and try two or three times to get the full lift. Is this normal? The UDT is right at the full mark. I have 110 hrs on the machine and it's a bit over a year old. Any suggestions before I talk to the dealer?

Thanks

Dean )</font>

I have been having a similar problem with my bx 1500 (40 hrs). I've noticed lately that the mmm doesn't completely lower or raise with the first operation of the lever. I have to repeat the lowering or lifting of the lever once or twice to achieve full up or down.

Like you, the fluid is full and there are no apparent impediments. I haven't used the 3ph or FEL enough recently to notice if the same problem exists there.

Also, when lowering the 3ph, the lever has never returned completely to neutral after lowering, it comes back about half-way only.

Could there be a defect in the hydraulic system? Has anyone else noticed this problem?

/ Lazy Hydraulics on a BX #7  
I had a similar problem with my BX1800 after using it the first season. I corrected the problem by spraying all the joints on the lift linkages with WD40.

/ Lazy Hydraulics on a BX #8  
my bx1500 will do the same thing. I found myself not pulling the control lever all the way back while lifting the mmm or three point. If I pull the lever part way back, I can hear a sound from the pump that I guess to be cavitation. Anyway the answer is to pull the lever all the way back - imho....

/ Lazy Hydraulics on a BX #9  
There is a adjustment on the BX22 for the 3PH lever return. It is on the right hand side of the 3PH. The manual mentions it but doesn't say how to adjust it. I haven't had time to mess with it, so I just manually return the lever to the nutral position. There are two nuts on the end of the spring shaft. I would think that this would need to be adjusted as to the weight of the impliment you are using on your 3PH.

"why did they put the F@#$%^g dipstick there????"