Buying Advice LB1914- advice wanted

/ LB1914- advice wanted #1  

texaslandman

Bronze Member
Tractor
Hinomoto E202, Kioti-LB1914
Went out to buy a 2554 today and discovered the LB1914. I like its footprint, I plan to use 4' equipment to get around in the woods.

The tractor LB1914, includes the KL1210FEL, R-4 tires, and a Kioti 4 1/2 ' shredder for $11,775.

I will appreciate your comments on this tractor and price before I close the deal.

/ LB1914- advice wanted #2  
It was because of an LB1914 that I saw used that I bought my CK20HST. I tried out a man's used LB, and then was going down the street and saw a Kioti dealer. I bought the CK that very day. The LB1914 is a very good tractor, but I enjoyed the HST better than the manual shuttle of the 1914. As far as price goes, that's not a bad price including the mower. I think you'll be happy with the tractor. Will the dealer deliver to you for free? Will they pick it up for warranty work? Do they keep a good stock of filters, etc.? Do you like the dealer? Does he/she have a good staff? Have you seen them work on anything? These are the questions you must answer, otherwise, sounds good to me. John

/ LB1914- advice wanted #3  
I just found your other post in the general buying/pricing section. For your needs, you may want to consider going with the CK20HST like I have. Your wife will like the HST, it will be easier for you both to learn and use. They have about the same HP, but the CK20HST (not manual) has an independent PTO which is much safer because the momentum of a spinning mower can not push the tractor forward. The CK also has a slip clutch so that if you push the clutch in, you will hear the clutch slipping and the mower can't push you into something. I think if I were going to decide between the 2554, 1914, and CK20, I would have to again buy the CK20HST. The 2554 has been discontinued in favor of the forthcoming CK25 man and HST model. However, the 2554 has more HP, and the weight which will help you use that HP. My CK20HST has done most everything I've wanted it to do. When pulling some trees, I could use a little more HP, but I'll be using my BH for most of that soon, so it's not a problem. A boxblade on the back should give you the rear weight you need. I do not have loaded tires at this point, but I may load them for better traction. It also does not put undue stress on the mechanism to load the tires whereas some front weights can. The loader should be enough front weight when using your brush cutter/shredder. I know it's hard to decide. As for the dirt floor dealer, mine has a lot of dirt, and an inside concrete floored area. He was pretty new to Kioti and I've watched him grow rapidly in the last 2 months. I have not needed any service, but I trust that they will be able to provide it. That guy you spoke of has 20 years? He's doing something right. You may be able to haggle a little on price if you think there's not enough difference, but make sure you're talking about comparable: Tractor, weight, lift, etc. so that you're not misleading yourself about price. A truly comparable two tractors between the Ks should find the Kioti has some more weight, 24" behind lift capacity, loader capacity and a little cheaper price, but not always. Good luck, John

/ LB1914- advice wanted #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The tractor LB1914, includes the KL1210FEL, R-4 tires, and a Kioti 4 1/2 ' shredder for $11,775.)</font>

I think that sounds reasonable. The deal around here is for the LB1914, R-4's, FEL, Shredder, Grader Blade, and 16' tandem axel trailer for just under $13K.

I have an older LB1914, and I've gotten pretty good with the shuttle-shift. Since I'm pushing the limits of the tractor (60" tiller, plowing, hilling etc.) I really appreciate the couple extra HP that comes out of the direct gear connection.

That said, due to other factors like mowing and the occasional use by my wonderful wife...I have been toying with the idea of a swap when the CK25/30's come in.

Sam

/ LB1914- advice wanted #5  
I don't know much about the LB1914 but I did a ton of research on Kioti Tractors before buying a DK45 . My first choice had been a Kubota ,which was the brand I had owned for several years before . After comparing apples to apples and test driving both Kubota and Kioti many times my mind was made up . I do have the ability to do my own repairs and service and that also effected my final decision .If you need your tractor to be serviced by someone else than a good dealer is a must.
Your not paying for the name on a Kioti yet , but I have a feeling that will change soon as more people discover this great little tractor . Good luck on your final decision .
Big Al

/ LB1914- advice wanted #6  
I bought a new 1914 last summer. I had the option of getting the CK20 manual for an extra $300.00 because of a delay in receiving my tractor. After comparing the two I decided on the LB due to the extra size. The 1914 had a lil bit more in everything except the lift height with the loader. I couldn't justify the extra money for 8.9 inches more of lift. The breakout force was 600 and some odd pounds more for the 1210 loader on the LB. Lift capacity was close to 100# more. It may not seem like much, but when you're using it, as everyone on here says "more is better".
As far as Hydro versus manual there are enless debates on the forum. I drove all three models and If it wasn't for the shuttle shift I'd have waited and bought the hydro. CK 20.
It isn't a big deal to just move a lever to go forward and backwards. I'm pretty good at it. It's just like driving a forktruck.
My wife uses it all the time while I'm at work and my 12 year old daughter love driving it in our pasture.
The 1914 does have an overrunning clutch so there is no pushing by an implement when you stop. I believe most tractors have it nowdays.
It handles a 5 foot finish mower and 55 in. tiller just fine.
All in all I'm extremly satisfied with mine.
Either way you go you will be quite satisfied. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif