Left front noise identified--BX25D

/ Left front noise identified--BX25D #1  

frogpond

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
In case this helps anyone: Recently, I started hearing a pop/snap/click noise from the left front of the tractor. It was rhythmic when going forward or reverse, especially active when turning left. I checked the drive shaft u joint, even though it's on the other side, as it had been a problem in the past. I checked the plastic sleeve over it. I tightened the castle nut on the central axle pivot. I greased the ball joints. Nothing helped.
Finally, I jacked up the front end, using the loader bucket. I spun the wheels. Luckily, no noise from Inside the axle assembly.

At that point, I removed the left wheel. 3 of the 4 holes were oval, not round. Probably the bolts had loosened at some point, and worked in the holes enough to cause this. I think the noise was from the resulting slippage as the wheel revolved. I remounted the wheel, and cranked on the lug bolts.

The noise stopped. The right wheel was okay. I will replace the left wheel if the noise returns.

/ Left front noise identified--BX25D #2  
I think you will need to replace the rim in the long term. Once a stud hole is ovaled, it will always keep working loose.