Lenar 274 PTO Repair

/ Lenar 274 PTO Repair #1  

Roadrunn

Tractor
Lenar 274-1
I have a 2001 Lenar 274 and just now tried to connect a 4ft shredder after owning for about 2 years, and come to find that the PTO doesn't engage. The selector does move back and forth but doesn't make the PTO spin. No matter what position the PTO selector is in, I can spin the PTO shaft freely by hand. I have seen a few other threads state that the roll pin is common to break under load. The tractor is about an hour away on the property so I am trying to gather all of the parts/process needed for the next time I go. I have a few questions:

1. The cover for the PTO seems pretty accessible so I assume it is just remove the cover and start digging around. Is there any documented steps/videos on how to dig into the PTO with only hand tools and no jack/lift?
2. Does the PTO have it's own fluid, or is it shared with the transmission? The reason I ask is wondering if a 5gal bucket will be enough to capture the fluid when I pop the PTO cover or if I need to plan for multiple buckets.
3. I see a roll pin assortment set on Amazon that I was going to order and bring with me. I assume I need the metric size.
4. I have seen mention on other threads about clutch adjustment. The transmission has always been hard to get into gear so maybe that applies to me as well. Is there any documentation/videos on the process for properly adjusting the clutch?

This is the first set of repairs I need to do on the tractor. I also have what looks like is the common issue of tac/lights not working (bad ground maybe), starter not always engaging, and alternator not charging the battery (I see a cross-reference for an AutoZone alternator that should fit).