Lift Cover Adjusting Tools

/ Lift Cover Adjusting Tools #1  

otdrzman

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 150
Hey. I am new to the forum and have been browsing it for the last few weeks or so. Lots of good info on here. I recently purchased a Massey Ferguson 150. While servicing the hydraulics I found grease on the hydraulic filter. After a little research I found out how it had made its way in the hydraulic fluid as Im sure many of you already are aware of. I removed the lift cover and cleaned out all of the grease that had accumulated since 1969. While there I replaced the worn external draft control components as well as the internal draft control rod. I have made the first initial adjustments. I am now at the point of needing the MF 970 tool/gauge, MFN 163 tool to make the draft and position control adjustments. I understand they are impossible to find and some folks use bolts and such as alternatives. My question is, have any of you made the tools yourself. My neighbor has a small milling machine and I am thinking of trying to fabricate the 970 tool and I haven't decided what Im am going to do for the 163 tool. If you can offer any tips or pictures I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

/ Lift Cover Adjusting Tools #2  
Hey. I am new to the forum and have been browsing it for the last few weeks or so. Lots of good info on here. I recently purchased a Massey Ferguson 150. While servicing the hydraulics I found grease on the hydraulic filter. After a little research I found out how it had made its way in the hydraulic fluid as Im sure many of you already are aware of. I removed the lift cover and cleaned out all of the grease that had accumulated since 1969. While there I replaced the worn external draft control components as well as the internal draft control rod. I have made the first initial adjustments. I am now at the point of needing the MF 970 tool/gauge, MFN 163 tool to make the draft and position control adjustments. I understand they are impossible to find and some folks use bolts and such as alternatives. My question is, have any of you made the tools yourself. My neighbor has a small milling machine and I am thinking of trying to fabricate the 970 tool and I haven't decided what Im am going to do for the 163 tool. If you can offer any tips or pictures I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
I'm a toolmaker. I've made all the necessary tools needed for the the tractor repairs I have done. The I and T manual have had sketches for everything I have needed.

/ Lift Cover Adjusting Tools
I'm a toolmaker. I've made all the necessary tools needed for the the tractor repairs I have done. The I and T manual have had sketches for everything I have needed.

SIMassey. Check you PM's