Lifted Truck , mm1 Fisher Plow adaptors

/ Lifted Truck , mm1 Fisher Plow adaptors #1  

Waldon52

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere
One of my first 2019 welding projects will be adaptors for my old 1996 GMC pickup. I bought it new and it only has 34,000 miles. I store it winters but feel it is time to enjoy it year round. I store my new gmc truck to keep it salt free. As I age those below zero blizzard days on the tractor with no cab get not so nice, lol. So how nice it would be to have the truck to hop in and pull out to clean the driveway with. Just doing my driveway it would work just fine. The mini loader has a cab and most times the little tractor is fine. But this would be a fun project and practical at the same time. truck1.JPGtruck2.JPGtruck3.jpg

/ Lifted Truck , mm1 Fisher Plow adaptors #2  
My experience with lifted trucks, oversized mud tires, and snow plows isn’t good.

The plow works best when the a frame is parallel to the ground, otherwise the angle of attack of the cutting edge is wrong and the plow trips excessively.

Mud tires, especially wide mud tires don’t perform well on snow. They are more for looks than a dedicated snow tire with a proper tread and narrow profile.

/ Lifted Truck , mm1 Fisher Plow adaptors
We have many lifted trucks running around our town with big mud tires. The guys say they do fine. Two of them have plows and say they work fine. My plan is to keep the blade frame level and build lowering brackets like several people are selling now . I would rather build my own than pay double for them . Just to plow my own driveway it will work great.

/ Lifted Truck , mm1 Fisher Plow adaptors #4  
I had a lifted truck with mud tires and a plow.

It sucked compared to my current stock Chevy and my F450.

Looked cool, though.

Lots of the college kids have mall crawlers, too. They don’t work as well in the snow as well as the narrow tire stock height rigs.

/ Lifted Truck , mm1 Fisher Plow adaptors #5  
The plow works best when the a frame is parallel to the ground
You nailed it for sure. Somewhat similar experience i put a plow on my Iseki tractor and had the mounts way too high, it tripped when you looked at it wrong. Once i stopped and looked at the geometry I realized how I screwed up.The plow angle pivot should be perpendicular to the ground. Not only that, if you have the mounts too high, when you raise it when angled, the corner will dig in big time......Mike