Lifting a pallet of mortar

/ Lifting a pallet of mortar #11  
Pallet had 14 bags @ 75# each + pallet. So about 1100# approx 2' beyond the cutting edge. Took ~2350 psi to make the lift. Probably could have gotten a few more bags on, but I had to jockey out of the drive you see off in the distance, and only needed to move 27 bags. So 14 on one, 13 on the other.

Not bad for a the loader on the little L3400

That's a good size load!

I did a similar lift with my Mahindra MAX28XL using Titan clamp on bucket forks.

There were 15 bags of general purpose stone (48 lbs each) and 5 bags of river pebbles (50 lbs each). One bag slid off the pallet as I started to unload it with my tractor, making the total lift 920 pounds plus the weight of pallet and bolt on pallet forks. It was easily 950 pounds total.

Truthfully, I didn't expect to be able to pick up the entire load, being the weight was that much further out from the bucket. My FEL is rated about 1,400 pounds at the pins. Surprisingly, the tractor was able to lift the load up to about the height of the tractor hood before being maxed out. And it certainly made the tractor feel tippy when it was off camber.

I was on a bit of a hill when the right rear wheel started to lift off the ground and made me nervous. Then, I put the backhoe boom all the way right and extended the boom and dipper as counterbalance. It worked and the tractor settled down. Nonetheless, that's a lot of load on the machine and I plan to keep future loads much lighter.

I posted a YouTube video of it. https://youtu.be/NEzMTmDcdeo

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

In the video, I'm only lifting it that high for demonstration. When transporting, the load was less than 12" off the ground.

/ Lifting a pallet of mortar
Not bad what these little machines are capable of.

I am surprised you stalled out half way up though. Your loader is rated to lift about 300# more at the pins than mine, and you were lifting a few hundred less.

/ Lifting a pallet of mortar #13  
Not bad what these little machines are capable of.

I am surprised you stalled out half way up though. Your loader is rated to lift about 300# more at the pins than mine, and you were lifting a few hundred less.

Yeah but those clamp on forks put the load a ways out there. SSQA forks mucho better.