Loader Lifting a pellet stove

/ Lifting a pellet stove #1  

Mickey6

Hello,this is my first post and I'm not sure if it's in the right forum or not. I need to take my pellet stove to the dealer to have it serviced. ( they'll come get it for $500 ) I have recently purchased a kubota b2650 and I'm wondering what's the best way to load this onto my pickup truck ? The stove weighs about 350#. I thought about getting clamp on pallet forks, but not sure if they will work or not. Also, at this time I have no ballast weight. Any ideas ? Thank you.

/ Lifting a pellet stove #2  
Why do they need to come and the whole stove? A service tech should be able to do everything at your place.

/ Lifting a pellet stove #3  
I manhandled mine onto a pair of HF furniture dollies. Rolled it to the porch and onto my pallet forks (had plywood on top of them) and then transferred to my pickup.

I've also taken mine to my shop, put it on HF lift table and completely disassembled and serviced it myself. They really aren't that complicated.

/ Lifting a pellet stove
I manhandled mine onto a pair of HF furniture dollies. Rolled it to the porch and onto my pallet forks (had plywood on top of them) and then transferred to my pickup.

I've also taken mine to my shop, put it on HF lift table and completely disassembled and serviced it myself. They really aren't that complicated.

Not sure why they need it in shop, they said they need to take it completely apart and will only do it at there shop. All the parts are covered by the manufacture but not labor. I might have to see if they'll give me the parts and let me do it. / I was thinking of cutting pallet in half, then cutting a piece of plywood to cover top, then somehow strap it in the bucket, if I decide to bring it to them. Thanks

/ Lifting a pellet stove #5  
I recently bought a new wood stove and moved my old one to the shop. I used an appliance cart to get it to the door and then ratchet strapped it to the the bucket.

/ Lifting a pellet stove
I recently bought a new wood stove and moved my old one to the shop. I used an appliance cart to get it to the door and then ratchet strapped it to the the bucket.

It sounds like we're on the same page; I should need some rear ballast weight, but do you think I'd have any issues lifting it up onto pickup ? Thanks

/ Lifting a pellet stove #7  
I used straps and wrapped them around my stove, then used my bucket hooks to pick it up when I brought it home. Can't imagine taking it apart and bringing it for service or repairs

/ Lifting a pellet stove #8  
It sounds like we're on the same page; I should need some rear ballast weight, but do you think I'd have any issues lifting it up onto pickup ? Thanks

350 lbs is not much for even your small tractor. Ballast is always a good idea, but 350 should be no problem to lift to truck height on level ground. Think of it this way, that is just one really fat guy in the bucket. or two regular guys. Get one edge in the bucket and strap the top edge opposite side back to the bucket (bucket hooks are realy useful here) and it cant get away. Or use multiple ratchet straps for insurance.

/ Lifting a pellet stove #9  
I would use straps if you don't already have forks. If you have a QA loader you could remove the bucket which weighs almost as much as the stove.

/ Lifting a pellet stove #10  
I used an appliance dolly with a 2x4 under the legs of the stove to get mine through the house, out the door, and up the ramp of a moving truck. Then unloaded it the same way. It wasn't fun.

Lifting with the loader and straps from the bucket should be no problem. You wouldn't have to have the forks if you have an anchor point in the bucket.