Lincoln pro-mig 175 wire feed motor not responding

/ Lincoln pro-mig 175 wire feed motor not responding #1  

scootr

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200 HST, 773 Bobcat, Cat forklift
Suddenly the wire feed drive wheel is not responding. I bypassed the gun trigger and whip. Jumped it in the box, the solenoid still clicks but no wheel movement. I turned the drive wheel - it's free. And I pulled some wire - easy enough. Released the wire tension thingy but the drive wheel will not turn.
Should I by a new drive motor $120 or is it worth trying to fix, and if so how and where should I look.
Thank you in advance

/ Lincoln pro-mig 175 wire feed motor not responding #2  
Just guessing blind here, but I think the solenoid is for the shielding gas, not drive motor related. The trigger switch should activate both; I'd get in with a DMM and see if the motor was getting voltage when the trigger pressed and go from there. Could be a breaker or fuse somewhere.

/ Lincoln pro-mig 175 wire feed motor not responding
Hi Dan, thanks for your reply. Problem solved...embarrassing but simple. I had just switch the voltage selector prior to using and the selector did not hit the detent fully so the wire would not feed. Like I said embarrassing how much troubleshooting I already did. Lesson here is check the idiot using the machine before checking the machine :LOL:

/ Lincoln pro-mig 175 wire feed motor not responding #4  
Found the cause of the problem and it didn't cost anything to remedy it - that's a definite win in my book.

/ Lincoln pro-mig 175 wire feed motor not responding #5  
Hi Dan, thanks for your reply. Problem solved...embarrassing but simple. I had just switch the voltage selector prior to using and the selector did not hit the detent fully so the wire would not feed. Like I said embarrassing how much troubleshooting I already did. Lesson here is check the idiot using the machine before checking the machine :LOL:
It's always good to hear what "the fix" was, even if it's embarrassing.