20220307_153637.jpg

Latched:
20220307_144752.jpg

Also use it to couple the connectors when the attachment is removed:

20220307_145453.jpg
20220307_145617.jpg

And the Xboom Thread: Front-End Loader - Flat Face Hydraulic QC

/ Live and Learn - Hydraulic Couplers #12  
To me both can be a pain. FF do stay cleaner but can be harder to line up and just as hard to release pressure. AG can freeze up easier and get dirty easier.

No matter the type of coupler a can s brake clean and rag should be involved.

/ Live and Learn - Hydraulic Couplers #13  
Operated ag couplers and hay equipment for years on gear tractors. Not the cleanest option but worked.

Skidsteer was the first exposure to flatface. Cleaner for its operating environment. Hydraulic transmission and motors.

Newer tractors with HST have converted 3rd, remotes and backhoe to flatface. Some reason was interchangeability compatibility to different equipment platforms. Have several tools and techniques to help connect flatface connectors under pressure.

Look forward to your review of Limbhog saw. Built a similar saw and been very useful attachment.

/ Live and Learn - Hydraulic Couplers #14  
I just wish my new tractor would have come from the factory with break away couplers, haven’t had any problems yet but suspect someday I’m going to drive away from a piece of equipment without disconnecting the hoses first and it’s going to cause a lot of damage.

/ Live and Learn - Hydraulic Couplers
Operated ag couplers and hay equipment for years on gear tractors. Not the cleanest option but worked.

Skidsteer was the first exposure to flatface. Cleaner for its operating environment. Hydraulic transmission and motors.

Newer tractors with HST have converted 3rd, remotes and backhoe to flatface. Some reason was interchangeability compatibility to different equipment platforms. Have several tools and techniques to help connect flatface connectors under pressure.

Look forward to your review of Limbhog saw. Built a similar saw and been very useful attachment.
I read your thread when you made your saw. I have the ability and knowledge to do the same but what I don't have is the time. So I purchased the Limbhog. It is out for delivery on a UPS truck as I write this so I should have it by mid afternoon. I will definitely start a thread about it. I already know that using it will be easy but cleaning up behind it will be the work.

/ Live and Learn - Hydraulic Couplers #16  
FF couplers have much higher flow. That doesn't matter for most tractors rear remotes or front hird function but it does on a track loader.

/ Live and Learn - Hydraulic Couplers
I figured this is why they are used on skidsteer equipment.

/ Live and Learn - Hydraulic Couplers #18  
They make FF couplers that can connect under pressure, as well as ones that cannot. Obviously the connect under pressure ones are more expensive.

The problem is, if you get the cheaper ones that CANNOT connect under pressure......its not as simple as tapping the male nipple on the loader arm (or the female nipple with a punch an hammer).

If you have FF couplers that wont connect under pressure.....and you have residual pressure in the line.....the only way to relieve is loosen and retighten a fitting

/ Live and Learn - Hydraulic Couplers #19  
IMG_2279.JPG

Several of the tools used to connect flatface connectors under pressure or relive pressure without having to loosen a fitting.

/ Live and Learn - Hydraulic Couplers #20  
I would find it annoying to have to carry around a tool to connect and disconnect couplers. Good idea for older guys or weaker hands trying to force flat face couplers together, but easy to lose in the field.
Tried flat face, but didn’t get what all the excitement was about. Will be removing them from my HLA log grapple and snow plow as soon as the last Kubota with FF runs down the road in March.

1676557658594.jpeg

Last edited: