LK3054 starter

/ LK3054 starter #1  

92wrangler

Tractor
Kioti lk3054
Hey everyone, my starter wont engage without jumping the solenoid. After I jump it once, occasionally it engages with the key, but not always. Anyway, I started looking at new starters and noticed that they're fairly pricey, and while some of them are cheap the price swing makes me nervous. My question is what does everyone else end up doing, send them out for repair, get a repair kit etc. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

/ LK3054 starter #2  
When you say you jump the solenoid exactly what are you jumping? Are you jumping from the big wire to the little one?

If so then I would say your starter is fine. You need to be looking closer at the switch, wires and connection points.

/ LK3054 starter
The connections and tractor wiring are good. It looks like the solenoid is probably failing to engage the motor. The starter motor itself seems to work fine but I'm not sure you can change just the solenoid.

/ LK3054 starter #4  
But if sounds like you are engaging the solenoid to make the starter spin. Not sure I fully understand.

If you are confident it is the starter then take to a starter/alternator repair shop. They can rebuild it for a lot less than a new one.

/ LK3054 starter
When you jump the posts on the starter relay it bypasses the contacts inside. Thanks, Ill look around to see if I have anyone near me.

/ LK3054 starter #6  
When you jump the posts on the starter relay it bypasses the contacts inside. Thanks, Ill look around to see if I have anyone near me.
Any repair shop can replace the solenoid, or you can change it yourself; a fairly simple operation. part #2EM0701D (magnet switch ass'y)

Last edited:
   / LK3054 starter #7  
That is correct. The way I always check is jump from the battery wire on the solenoid to the small ignition wire post. That will tell you if it is a solenoid which is what I thought you were doing.