LK3054 vs LK2554 Decision

/ LK3054 vs LK2554 Decision #1  

texaslandman

Bronze Member
Tractor
Hinomoto E202, Kioti-LB1914
I haven't decided on Kioti yet, but I'd like to get my Kioti choice down to one in my process of elimination. What better place to seek advice than this discussion group.

I am cleaning up and maintaining 7.5 acres, 80% wooded, with deep sugar sand in Northeast Texas. I am old enough for Soc. Security, 6'1", and about 230lbs. I'll use my tractor to clean up underbrush, move sand around, do some box blading, run a chipper off my PTO and bushog less than 2 acres. No finish mowing work!

I already have the chipper, and a 4' box blade. I'm pretty sure I want 4WD, FEL, R4s, and decent ground clearance.

Which of the 2 subject tractors do you wizards think I should focus on? And Why? I'll really appreciate your advice. There seems to be about $1500 difference between the two. Gary

/ LK3054 vs LK2554 Decision #2  
I just looked at the specs again - I just bought the LK3054. Other than the obvious power difference, it looks like the tires are the same, and the dimensions are very close. The most important differences appear to be that the LK3054 has shuttle transmission and a live PTO. I find a transmission-driven PTO a real pain with a bushog if you have to do any forward/reverse work, but that is mostly when you are clearing. It's OK for open areas when you are mostly moving forward.

The new LK3054XS version has some additional improvements. Be sure to get on one, as it is a bit crowded in the operator area - I don't find it a problem, but you'll want to make sure it suits you.

/ LK3054 vs LK2554 Decision
Chris, thanks for your thoughts. I looked at the new LX3054 with the shuttle shift on the left of the dash. My only complaint is the still crowded operator platform. Guess I'll just have to wait for some more comments.

/ LK3054 vs LK2554 Decision #4  
Texaslandman,
I was looking in the 25-30 HP range as well. Because one of my primary purposes was a heavier unit for some pretty agressive future BH work. If not for that the 2554 would have probably been enough. The 3054 has a little more room as the new XS version has the stick shift changed to the left of the steering wheel. I am 6'2" and about 210, depending on what I had for lunch. The XS fits like a glove. Could always use more room but it works for me. I may put some extensions in the seat for just a little more leg room.

As far the extra HP, the size is not so big as to be overwhelming. You might want to wait a little and check out the CK25 as it could be right up your alley. The CK20 has nice platform room and would assume the 25 and 30 would be the same.

PS, my new LK3054XS TLB is going to be delivered tomorrow morning. I can't get home until late tomorrow and I warned my her not to dig up the yard before I get home. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good Luck
Lablovers

/ LK3054 vs LK2554 Decision #5  
Hi. The LK3054XS has the shuttle shift down to the left next to the fender, the gear shift is left of the steering wheel. The older 3054 had the gear shift in the platform. You may have not seen the XS. As between the two, I would def. go for the independent PTO of the 3054. I really don't have any experience with the discontinued (I think the CK25 is taking it's place) LK2554, but it doesn't have the independent PTO, so would be ruled out. I tried out the new XS today, and it's really sweet. John

/ LK3054 vs LK2554 Decision #6  
Texaslandman,
I sent you a private message with some pricing options, I personally feel the improved 3054XS over the 2554 is well worth the extra money. That will be 2cents please /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What part of East Texas are you? Before making my life-changing move from HOuston to Arkansas I considered many opportunities in East Texas. (SFA ex)

/ LK3054 vs LK2554 Decision #7  
I'd have to weigh in for the LK3054 for the live PTO and the shuttle shift trans. More power is good too, especially when the overall size is about the same. I've yet to take the plunge, but just today in the local Bargain Mart paper a low hours LK3054 is advertised at a reasonable price with a six foot Land Pride mower and a 15 gallon electric sprayer of some kind which I don't need. A $9,500.00 asking price with
550 hours on the meter sounds like it's worth a call. It does not say what kind of tires. I'm hoping for R4s. I've really been kinda holding out to see the new CKs, but the LK3054 is
well known for being a lot for the $$$$ and therefore hard to ignore. The operators platform is a bit cramped, but I'm not a really big guy so I feel I could deal with it. If anyone is really interested in the LK2554 Little Tractor in Metropolis, Illinois is selling out the remaining ones at closeout prices since it is now discontinued with the new CK25 coming soon to take it's place. www.littletractor.com will get you to them.
DMB