Loader bucket for Bobcat CT225

/ Loader bucket for Bobcat CT225 #1  

skyline

Tractor
Bobcat CT225, Kubota BX22
First time poster, any help appreciated.
I closed the deal on a Bobcat CT225, my only problem is the standard loader bucket is ridiculously small in MHO, but wide enough to catch on all the trees along my trails. So I'm getting their quick change coupler, only problem is their bucket for this is still only 18" deep and 18" tall, still as small as my Kubota BX22. Does anyone know if Bobcat or others make a larger 5' bucket that will fit Bobcat's quick change?

Thanks,

/ Loader bucket for Bobcat CT225 #2  
You can get a muck bucket or grain bucket that is QA. But, keep in mind that the bucket is sized to the loader's capacity. So, unless you need a bigger bucket for light stuff, best to stay with what is recommended for the loader.

/ Loader bucket for Bobcat CT225
Thanks for the response. I probably didn't title and describe my problem very well considering the responses. I've heard from other manufactures they are not quite sure why Bobcat sized their bucket this way. I'm just looking for sources of buckets preferably Bobcat, that will fit the bobcat quick tach?

I want a 60" bucket with something close to 22" depth and 24" height like
a typical kioti bucket, not the 68" x 14"depth x 16.5" ht.

/ Loader bucket for Bobcat CT225 #4  
I believe any skid steer style quick tach bucket will fit, even one from Kioti. But, there is a reason Bobcat sized it like they did.

/ Loader bucket for Bobcat CT225 #5  
Thanks for the response. I probably didn't title and describe my problem very well considering the responses. I've heard from other manufactures they are not quite sure why Bobcat sized their bucket this way. I'm just looking for sources of buckets preferably Bobcat, that will fit the bobcat quick tach?

I want a 60" bucket with something close to 22" depth and 24" height like
a typical kioti bucket, not the 68" x 14"depth x 16.5" ht.

Gittyup's right in that it should be a standard QA. You will need to be careful how big you go because you'll reduce the digging power you have, as well as curling power, and lift capacity.

Contact Markham Welding and see if they'll build one to your specs...

/ Loader bucket for Bobcat CT225 #6  
If you haven't taken delivery, change the order to the 230 or 235. They have a 60 inch bucket and more power. The upgrade should be cheaper than buying a new bucket and will work better.

/ Loader bucket for Bobcat CT225 #7  
I just reread the original post. I have the 235 and the Babcat 60 inch bucket is a little small in terms of volume.

/ Loader bucket for Bobcat CT225
Thanks for the replies. I'm learning more as go I about this.

They clearly wanted to get rid of the 225's more than the 230 & 235's as they priced the 225 so low that I didn't feel that I could justify the extra $1800 for 3 hp even though I wanted it. They won't charge me for a different bucket to fit the quick change, only the quick change, since I'm basically exchanging the 68" stock bucket for the 60" one.

I don't know if they made their bucket so shallow because the FEL is too weak to have anything farther out in front or what. The salesman made it sound like BOBcat spec'd out the loader because they didn't like the same one on the kioti. I've since learned the one on the kioti is better/stronger etc.

I was just hoping some folks might know of a good source for a reasonable and more conventional bucket size, theirs seems so odd ball small.

/ Loader bucket for Bobcat CT225 #9  
I went with the 60" bucket so I could leave it on as much as possible and I thought it would perform better in tough,heavy stuff with the smaller bucket.