Loader Problem

/ Loader Problem #1  

Jackrabbit_Slim

Silver Member
Tractor
B2710
I've noticed on my last couple of outings that the LA401 loader on my B2710 has been a little "slow" when dumping. Not as responsive as I'd like. This afternoon I noticed a slight catch as I moved the stick over. Nothing I couldn't move past with just a little more pressure, but a definite catch.

My first thought when things were just "slow" was that I might have a valve partially plugged. This catch, however, feels mechanical.

So, it's pouring rain here, I don't have a shop, and I'd like to make the fix as quickly as possible. ie. If I'm going to need parts, I'd like to pre-purchase... my dealer is always happy to take them back. Where would the smart people start to look on this one?

Thanks,

Slim

/ Loader Problem #2  
Do you have guage for hyd pressure? Might be a way to see if it's a flow or mechanical problem(hi press). Compare curl and dump functions. I'd probably grease it too, just for peace of mind.

/ Loader Problem #3  
Assuming you have a joy stick, and you have a "catch" or the stick is binding and its mechanical (possibly) I would pull the weather boot off of/ or slide up on the wand and lube the linkage to your hydraulic spools, since the linkage is suposed to operate like a "cv" or "u" joint and present oportunities to hang up. Check this before you worry or order parts. Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Loader Problem #4  
Since you mention the slight catch I may be off base with this one, but have you considered a temperature issue. My loaders are definately slow until the fluid warms on cold days. Whats the temp outside there?

Andy