Ballast Loading Radial Tires.

/ Loading Radial Tires. #1  

medic3720

Tractor
New Holland T4.75, Kubota ZD331 / Cub Cadet 7275 / TYM25 With Backhoe and Grapple
Hi guys, I have now owned my new tractor for a whopping 3 days now, did some loader work with and and think i could use some more rear weight. I currently have 2 weights on both rear wheels, 4 in total. On my other smaller cub cadat tractor I have r1w tires loaded on the rear and love them. To my question is this, why cant you load radial tires? Per my salesmen you shouldn't load them. Please enlighten me.

/ Loading Radial Tires. #2  
Seems to me that I've heard something like that before. I'd start by Googling "Rimguard". Get on their main site and I'm sure they will discuss loading of radial tires.

/ Loading Radial Tires. #3  
radial's are supposed to squat and flex if you load them they won't

/ Loading Radial Tires. #4  
My Firestone Farm Tire Handbook lists the fluid capacity for all of their radial farm tires with no restrictions other than filing to the 75%/valve level with valve at top position. 25% air fill provides adequate impact resistance in normal use.

/ Loading Radial Tires. #5  
In an ideal world the radials would be tubeless and dry. With external cast ballast. That should be sufficient on a 4WD tractor . If more rear weight is required , how about a ballast box on the three point hitch ?
What size are the tires? They may or hold enough liquid to be worth while.

/ Loading Radial Tires. #6  
My neighbor loaded the rear radials on his 100 hp, fwa NH loader tractor with beet juice, but only filled them half way which was adequate for his purposes.

/ Loading Radial Tires. #7  
My 18.4x30 R1 Titan tubeless Radials are loaded to 70%. Have been for 4 years and 1000 hrs with no issues.

/ Loading Radial Tires.
Thanks for the Info guys. I will have to see what comes this summer, I think I will by another rear weight, and then possible try some fluid. I use my three point hitch to much for any rear ballast box. I still have a lot of learning to do on this tractor.

/ Loading Radial Tires. #9  
Thanks for the Info guys. I will have to see what comes this summer, I think I will by another rear weight, and then possible try some fluid. I use my three point hitch to much for any rear ballast box. I still have a lot of learning to do on this tractor.

Yep, that was my concern about 3pt ballast as well. I also found that cast iron weights are extremely expensive by the pound of gain. I used Windshield Washer fluid. My rear fluid ballast cost me .13 cents per pound.

/ Loading Radial Tires.
That is what i am leaning towards. Much cheaper that way.