Local Hydraulic Shops?

/ Local Hydraulic Shops? #1  

gstrom99

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 855, John Deere 530R zero turn, Allis Chalmers D17 III, Ford 9N - SOLD, Kubota B1550, Yamaha Timberwolf 250, Husky saws, H & H 10k and Carry-On trailers
I live in rural Iowa, fairly close to Waterloo. The SIL's Kubota B1550 (old) has leaking loader cylinders. I can easily R&R them, but rebuilding them is something I have not done before, parts are ?? and really don't what to try. The "end caps" are not the screw on kind, so I'm assuming C clip type. I've looked online, but have not called anyone yet, but I've only found two "hydraulic shops" within 40 miles. Everyone does/makes hydraulic hoses. Weird - since I'm thinking this would be a common repair thing out here, with lots of ag and construction equipment stuff...

I'm going to call, but just thought I'd vent here, first.

/ Local Hydraulic Shops? #2  
If the rods are good rebuilding is fairly easy. You may need to purchase a tool or two but no biggie price wise.
Most gland nuts are thread in but there are a few different types. One uses a wire as a retainer.
Be sure to use loctite on the piston nut. I saw a lot of cylinders ruined by the nut coming loose.

/ Local Hydraulic Shops? #3  
I've found for the price of the kits and hassle it's easier to just let a hydraulic shop do them.
Kubota didn't make the cylinders; they will be standard but probably metric.
Did you ask at a commercial shop to see who does theirs? Commercial being the yellow paint JD shop.
Around here most hydraulic shops don't advertise. They get plenty of work from commercial shops, and they don't want to encourage walk-ins taking up their time anyway. They aren't set up for that.
If your loader cylinders are leaking from the ends they can fix that. If it is the loader arms falling down too fast then that is usually a bad control valve.
rScotty

/ Local Hydraulic Shops? #4  
I believe Iowa Fluid Power in Cedar Rapids has a repair department that rebuilds cylinders. Might give them a call to verify this though.

/ Local Hydraulic Shops? #5  
I believe Iowa Fluid Power in Cedar Rapids has a repair department that rebuilds cylinders. Might give them a call to verify this though.
This guy has some interesting videos on youtube and FB (FWIW, no I dont think these are this extreme)

/ Local Hydraulic Shops?
Thanks. Yes, they're one of the shops that popped up in my search. C.R. is a bit farther than I wanted though.

/ Local Hydraulic Shops? #7  
I watch him every week. Good machining skills and his equipment is huge. (y)