Log splitter

/ Log splitter #1  

Delawaremike

Tractor
L3400 Kubota
I have recently purchased a 3pt hitch log splitter from TSC. mod#2153304 It runs on The hydraulic lines from my L3400 Kubota.I have no idea where the line should go or where they should connect to the tractor. Can you Help?

/ Log splitter #2  
:welcome:
To the forum from Alabama. I can't help but I am sure that someone here can.

/ Log splitter #3  
I have recently purchased a 3pt hitch log splitter from TSC. mod#2153304 It runs on The hydraulic lines from my L3400 Kubota.I have no idea where the line should go or where they should connect to the tractor. Can you Help?

Do you have remotes on your tractor?

There is a line from your HYD block going to the rear. If you have remotes, that line is connected to the IN port of the remote valve.

If no remotes, it connects to the side of the tractor for your 3pt.

What you need is a QD in the line going to the 3pt.

That is what the log splitter line plugs into for log splitter operation. Log splitter OUT line goes to tank.

Last edited:
   / Log splitter #4  
Also, read up on "power beyond". A worth while education for a fellow using hydraulics attachments like chippers or splitters.

/ Log splitter #5  
I just called our Kubota dealer and asked for a QD part. I had to explain what a QD was used for, to connect my CountryLine log splitter. I have a 2003 Kubota L4330, with a front end loader, and no cab. The parts man told me a pair of rear remotes, parts only were going to cost "around" $700.00", that didn't include the QD, since he did not really understand what that part was. It would be nice to have the rear remotes, but I told him I would just purchase a couple of 14foot hoses, and connect them to the joy stick for the front end loader. The quote on the hoses was $150.00. Needless to say, I try to stay away from our local Kubota dealer, I'll purchase the hoses from the hydraulic hose shop.

/ Log splitter #6  
I recommend that you remove the line from the hyd block going back to the 3pt and install a male QD.

Make a short hose with a female QD on it, and this will connect to the 3pt.

When not using the log splitter, connect these two QD's.

When using the log splitter, disconnect the QD and plug in the log splitter and run the log splitter OUT port to tank.

Always connect the QD to the log splitter or the 3pt as the pump flow must flow from pump to tank continuously.

/ Log splitter #7  
JJ thanks for the info, I'll go out and wash the tractor with power washer, then take some older original QD off loader joy stick that are hard to get off & on, when I remove front end loader for mowing down in the woods, I want all the QD to match log splitter. I'll take some pictures of what ur talking about along with ur description of what should be done out to the hose store to get them to figure what all I need. All the hoses coming out of the H. Block or ridged SS rolled pipes. I'll send u a update of how I come out. John R