Long 2610 good deal or not

/ Long 2610 good deal or not #1  

dwightennis75

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on this tractor it has a long brand front end loader and is in really good shape....It only has 1150 hours on it...What are your opinions on this they are asking $7800.00........Need to know soon....Thanks

/ Long 2610 good deal or not
Had 23 views but no help come on people

/ Long 2610 good deal or not #3  
this is a good tractor.

the price seems fair. but be sure you know they dont steer real tight, and tend to leak oil dripps.

/ Long 2610 good deal or not #4  
I traded a 1997 2610 in on a Deutz Fahr in 08. That tractor did all the heavy work here. Had about 1,500 hours on it when I traded. Put on 1 alternator, 1 fuel lift pump (dealer did) just a few weeks after I got it, one steering cylinder tie rod end and that was it for parts. Always cranked in winter, I ran Amsoil systhetic 15w-40 marine oil in the engine and Amsoil gear oil in the rear gears under the axles. Never had any leaks on this one. Just a darn good solid tractor. Pulled a 820 JD moco, cih 8430 round baler, 10' haybuster no-till drill with no problem. I pulled a Hedlund Martin manure spreader with it for 3 years and had to run a chain under the belly/drawbar to keep it from breaking. It served me well and when I traded it in it was sold in 2 weeks. I kept it in top shape and it was back in use fast. I gave $13,500 for it new and was allowed $9800 on the trade.

Weak point is the 3 pt. lift and all Longs were weak there. Strong point is it was very dependable. Do maintenance like you should and that tractor should be a great buy if nothing is wrong with it. Only reason I traded that tractor was the manure spreader was to heavy for it. The Deutz Agroplus I got to replace it was a little to light also and traded it for a new Agrofarm 100. I think I got what I need now. I do miss that old Long though. But this winter I do like the Deutz cab and heat. LOL

/ Long 2610 good deal or not #5  
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on this tractor it has a long brand front end loader and is in really good shape....It only has 1150 hours on it...What are your opinions on this they are asking $7800.00........Need to know soon....Thanks

Did you buy it? Post pictures if you did. Ken Sweet

/ Long 2610 good deal or not #6  
Who built this model ? Long sold Ursus, Universal and maybe some others brands under their own name...