looking at a B7500HSD

/ looking at a B7500HSD #1  

BrokeSolid

Tractor
2007 Mahindra 2615HST, 2009 Grasshopper 928D
Hi everyone. This is my first post. i've been lurking on these forums for quite a while as i searched out my first compact tractor. i was just about sold on buying a mahindra when what seemed to me as a good deal on a kubota came along. funny thing is it's even at a mahindra dealer.

i have five acres to tend, with about 3 to mow, a stone lane to tend and just some general landscaping to do. i live in the west virginia eastern panhandle so winters aren't too bad either. so i think a B series will be about the right size for what i'm planning to use it for. i think the deal is good enough that if it turns out to be too small i can always upgrade without losing any money.

here's the deal. i already have a deposit on it, it's an 03' B7500 with LA272 loader, and 60' MMM, 21 HP, hydro, power steering and good rubber. has those tweener tires that kubota has on the back(don't know what they are called), and turfs in the front. it has 409 hours on it and appears to be in very clean condition. looks like a well keep and indoor stored machine. only thing it's missing is folding ROPS, so i hope it fits in my garage. i'm getting it for 8,000. does this sound like a good deal? i don't think it's a steal, but i felt like it was lower than it should be.

thanks in advance for all the input.

Brent

/ looking at a B7500HSD
i posted a picture of it in my avitar since it's sorta already my tractor. i guess i should've titled my post buying a B7500HSD instead of looking. i won't commit to buy until tomorrow, but he does have a deposite of mine so i doubt the dealer will sell it out from under me. i have talked with some kubota owners around my work, and they seem to think it's a good deal. none of them have been in the market for a number of years though, so their opinion only goes so far.

/ looking at a B7500HSD #3  
I had a b7510 (newer version of b7500) and really thought it was a great tractor but the loader left a little to be desired on the lift capacity. It would do a lot of things but I was always looking for just a little more. I had the la302 loader on mine and I think it lifts more than the la272. I would recomend that you try lifting a few things at the dealer before you 100% comite to buy. The rest of the tractor was excellent and in some ways I liked better than my b3200.
Rob

/ looking at a B7500HSD #4  
The B7500 is a good machine and great on fuel, this humble opinion comes from owning & operating one myself for years. Ask any kubota dealer and they will tell you this was a proven machine for kubota with very few problems! Do yourself a big favor and replace the seat, the factory seat is a killer! Good luck with it, that price is decent, and welcome to TBN. Lots of good folks around here.

/ looking at a B7500HSD #5  
Sounds like a good price.Look on tractorhouse.com and cmpare them to others.

/ looking at a B7500HSD
well, i picked it up today. what a day it was, only 30 mins of sleep last night because of a u-joint that needed to be fixed on my truck before the trip. then, 6 hours travel one way and i took the wife and dog with, so tack some extra time on to that for pee and stretch stops. left at 7am and just got home with it. was told there were two guys waiting to find out if i took it or not. mechanically this thing was excellent, cosmetically it was in good shape. no major damage just some small dents, and scratches on the hood. the seat is torn up which i didn't see from the pictures. so i guess i have a reason to change that based on lawn king's experience with it. the loader is small, pictures add 10 lbs that's for sure, cause the LA272 is a bit smaller than i thought. it should still suffice for my needs, at least i hope. wish it was the la302 but oh well. i tried it out and seamed strong around their lot, but i will need to put it to a real test to see what it can do. was surprised i could use the mower in high range at there lot and it didn't bog down. that little 21hp motor had more snap than i thought it would. couldn't get it to bog on anything. that's about it, it's still on the trailer. so i'll post my general impressions of it after i work with it this weekend.

Brent

/ looking at a B7500HSD #7  
Brent,
Congrats to the new toy. You got a good deal on it.
The loader may be a bit weak, but by no means discount that tractor. It is very dependable and will do more then it's looks suggests. Buy chains for all four tires and it will be a go anywhere machine in the winter too. I had a B7510 and it surprised me how strong it is for it's size.
Enjoy and post more pix.

/ looking at a B7500HSD #8  
Congratulations on your B7500! I bought mine new in 03 and am 100% satisfied with it. Mine has the 302 loader and 54" ground contact deck. I measured both and chose not to get the folding ROPS because the lower, one piece one goes right through a standard garage door.
I'm not sure what tires you have but make *sure* they are correctly matched. I have a set of both turf and industrial wheel/tires. They are different and shouldn't be mixed, use one or the other as a set.

IMG_0003.jpg

/ looking at a B7500HSD #9  
Great picture! You gotta love the classic lines and pure simplicity of the B7500. Its amazing what can you can do with that 21 hp machine!! This model was my 1st bota, so im kinda partial to it!

/ looking at a B7500HSD #10  
Thanks Lawn_King! Now with grass season over I gotta hope for lots of snow so I can play, oops I mean work with it. :D