Looking at Kubota BX25D

/ Looking at Kubota BX25D #1  

willidav

Tractor
kubota L3902
Looking at a Kubota BX25D in what appears good condition with a leaky bucket tilt cylinder, everything else seems good. Hours are estimated at 300, instrument panel replaced so actual is unknown. Is $13,500 reasonable?

/ Looking at Kubota BX25D #2  
Unknown condition might be a bit more accurate. Don't know if $13.5k is your number or what the seller is asking, but it's well off the typical asking price for that model. If it's the asking price, it suggests the seller is acknowledging the unit has some kind of "history". The loader hydraulics shouldn't be leaking after only 300 hours, so what was done to/with the machine to cause it to leak early, and what else is going on you haven't noticed yet? Same thing for the instrument panel that shouldn't have failed or been damaged in ordinary use so soon. You may have a bargain here, but it's a "pig in a poke". I'd keep looking.

/ Looking at Kubota BX25D #3  
Around here they usually pop up on clist for around $14k asking price in decent shape. ~500ish hrs max and ready to work.

/ Looking at Kubota BX25D
Thanks for the info. I went and looked at it and got it for $12k, I figure the decent price was worth the unseen risks. All seemed good except needing the bucket cylinder seal kit which looks to be $98. It looks to have been kept inside, no rust or fading.

/ Looking at Kubota BX25D #5  
Thanks for the info. I went and looked at it and got it for $12k, I figure the decent price was worth the unseen risks. All seemed good except needing the bucket cylinder seal kit which looks to be $98. It looks to have been kept inside, no rust or fading.
Congratulations on your purchase... and on your wisdom in buying a Kubota. :laughing:
>
Something is missing in your post though; pictures! In return for posting prepurchase questions, folks want to see what you bought.

/ Looking at Kubota BX25D #6  
Could just be flukes with the cylinder and panel but take some time and look it all over for any other issues. May want to change all the fluids and filters so you have a starting point. On the BX it is not too expensive, plus you can find a filter "kit" on eBay with everything you need if you don't have a dealer nearby.
We have around 300 hrs on ours and I had to replace a safety switch that went out - only thing I had go wrong so sometimes odd things happen. Heck ours is used 90% to mow with or move mulch as we have larger machines so I know mine was not from abuse....