Looking for a "Howard" (Rotary Hoes) transmission parts

/ Looking for a "Howard" (Rotary Hoes) transmission parts #1  

motomoto8

I have a 1963 Ford 2000 that has a broken drive shaft, problem is it is equipped with a "Howard" Auxiliary transmission (Rotary Hoes) , the drive shaft I need is a component of the Howard unit ,it is not a Ford part. If anyone knows where I could find this rare drive shaft please let me know. If anyone knows where I could have one made up, please let me know also.

/ Looking for a "Howard" (Rotary Hoes) transmission parts #2  
What does the drive shaft look like?? I am not familar with the add on unit. If it is not a real complex shaft a machine shop should be able to fix you up.

/ Looking for a "Howard" (Rotary Hoes) transmission parts
The driveshaft I need is 8-7/16 long X 1- 1/4 thickness it has 10 splines on the transmission side and a cup with 23 splines on the inside that goes to the rear pinion gear. I made a nice drawing but I don't know no how to post it.

/ Looking for a "Howard" (Rotary Hoes) transmission parts #4  
I have a 1963 Ford 2000 that has a broken drive shaft, problem is it is equipped with a "Howard" Auxiliary transmission (Rotary Hoes) , the drive shaft I need is a component of the Howard unit ,it is not a Ford part. If anyone knows where I could find this rare drive shaft please let me know. If anyone knows where I could have one made up, please let me know also.

Not sure where you are located? I know here in NH you might be able to get parts from Chappel Tractor or MB Tractor (I am sure it is something that has to be ordered)

or you could try and contact this guy, I am not sure if he is still working for Howard USA or not.

Steve Mundy
Howard USA
Phone 815-765-9505
Mobile 309-706-2505
Fax 815-765-9519

I have a Howard HR4 and this is one site that has parts list for that model so they might have the same for your model

The HR 4 parts list can be downloaded at the Howard, Spain website

Recambios
Rotavator Aleman
Rotavator HR4

HOWARD

Hope you have the model number and even pictures of the unit itself would be helpful.

Good luck

Wayne

/ Looking for a "Howard" (Rotary Hoes) transmission parts #5  

I don't know if your still looking but I have a phone number to a "Howard" company. These guys have made it a speciality of working on the Howard equipment. They have acres of it in Illinois. There phone number is 815-338-0600. I've never been let down and the prices, workmanship, and time turn araound all met my needs.
Hope this helps,
Chuck

/ Looking for a "Howard" (Rotary Hoes) transmission parts
Thanks WayneB and chuck1975, I'll try those contact numbers and see what happens. I tried Chapell tractor and they told me they have never heard of the Howard transmission. I should tell you that it came from Essex England. Please take a look at this attached image I drew up, you can see where it mounts, the original Ford driveshaft is removed and the Howard unit is installed in it's place. Thanks again the search continues!

Attachments

• tractor 3.bmp
    647.1 KB · Views: 822
   / Looking for a "Howard" (Rotary Hoes) transmission parts #7  
Any luck so far?

/ Looking for a "Howard" (Rotary Hoes) transmission parts #8  
I may be able to supply a drawing or the shaft. I will check and advise. You can contact me at 815-765-9505 Steve Mundy