Looking for a tractor

/ Looking for a tractor #11  
Re: $6000 is plenty

I'll second what Von said! Here in the southern tier of NY, $6000 won't buy much. Buying used was my original plan before I bought the BX, but I got so sick of looking at dented sheet metal and leaking hoses that I swallowed hard and bought the BX.
I remember looking at a B8200, FEL, MMM, that a dealer was going to give me a "good deal" on for $7500. I have never owned anything in such rough shape! He got his $7500, that was the scary part

/ Looking for a tractor #12  
Darius, your profile says Kansas City area... you can get a quality used CUT in the $6000 range in the Heartland.. may or may not include an implement, mower etc.. You will have to look, take some time, research, there is, as pointed out alot of junk out there at high prices, but I can tell you from experience, there are good deals as well... $6000, will be pushing it for a 4WD...., certainly it can get a nice 2WD... you would probably want to make a final decision on whether you are ever going to want a FEL... If not, 2WD is fine for mowing either with a MMM or rear deck...also a blade for snow.. I know you do not get much snow in KCY...Start with the used tractor site at Iron.com... search on Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas and Oklahoma...use the compact tractor advance search option... this will give you a good feel, most have pictures... you can then decide if you want to hunt for some good deals, look at some Grey Markets, try a Chinese unit (research this thoroughly) or bite the bullet for a new one, either Direct Import, or rebadged Import....

Do not feel you cannot get a quality used tractor, depending on size, for $6,000.... I am not a dealer, but I did buy a very nice Grey Market for way under $6,000... Again, it depends on what you want to do, and what you want to put up with,and how much you want to spend...Thats why there are BMW's owners and those that have Hyundai's...

"There is no such thing as best in a world of individuals" it also applies for tractors....

/ Looking for a tractor #13  

Ahhh.....Steve if you meant Daedong(Kioti),they are Korean not from China.

/ Looking for a tractor #14  

<font color=blue>...New Chinese tractors (Jinma, Deadong ...</font color=blue>

Hey Woodbeef...

He may be right "Dead Dong" the Chinese clone of the Korean clone of the Japanese clone... well you kinda get the idea... dog gone.../w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Looking for a tractor #15  

I believe the Kioti's may have been around longer than the Kubota's from what I have read. Not sure who cloned who there :)

/ Looking for a tractor #16  

Dong Feng, also sold as TaskMaster.

WillC, if you are interested in seeing a Jinma upclose, drop me an email. Mine is currently stored for winter, but wouldn't have a problem showing and yakking about tractors, come spring. I have had a number of others that have been impressed with the little JM 284. Also, there is a DongFeng distributer in Vestal. Was impressed with the 354s he had.

The belly mowers for the Jinma, don't know if any available for DF, are not the best. If even considering chinese, a RFM is a better choice.

/ Looking for a tractor #17  

slowrev
Actually, Kubota is suing Kioti for trademark and trade dress infringement right now. Use of the distinctive orange color and even the hood design are a couple of issues specified in the lawsuit.
Lewis

/ Looking for a tractor #18  

I live in upstate NY, but when I look at tractors, I am looking at Ohio, NY, VT, PA - and PA often wins. As for the southern tier of NY, right now in Johnson City there are two Yanmars with implements for less than$5k; and in Greene NY there is a dealer with several used compacts from 5-10. He has a nice 4wd Ford 1700 with canopy, heat, power angle plow for $5995. If you are willing to shop, they're out there!