Looking for Front Mounted Mower - F Series Suggestions

/ Looking for Front Mounted Mower - F Series Suggestions #1  

Milton55

Tractor
White 2-65, YM330D
Hopefully the title covers it. Currently using a PTO flail mower to cut several acres of grass around trees and across some semi-rough terrain. Neighbour has an old F 1800 and its a beast! SO I am thinking something like that would be great but Kubota has SO many options! Not looking at new as that is out of my hobby price point but there are tons of machines available in that 10K range. But I am looking to see if anyone has any favorites/opinions? TIA

/ Looking for Front Mounted Mower - F Series Suggestions #2  
I bought a new F2690 and getting this setup is something I should have done years ago. It provides a much smoother cut than my Deere 955 with midmount mower and it does it faster. With 5 acres of varying ground (terrain and roughness), a zero turn wouldn't be a good match but the front mount commercial mower is a great fit.

And I really like the rear discharge deck, it flush cuts on both sides and spreads the grass out across the width of the deck.

The F series are commonly sold for commercial usage so the big question I would have buying used is how it was used and treated. They are well built but high hours with a lot of different users of varying knowledge and responsibility will create issues.

Rodger

/ Looking for Front Mounted Mower - F Series Suggestions #3  
But I am looking to see if anyone has any favorites/opinions? TIA
My favorite is a 4 wheel drive 28hp diesel Toro Groundsmaster with a 6' recycler deck: any toro groundsmaster fans on here?

P5300016 m.jpg
P5300018.JPG

Added a tractor canopy:

P4070005.JPG
P4070007.JPG

/ Looking for Front Mounted Mower - F Series Suggestions #4  
Toro Groundsmaster looks like a solid commercial mower!

• How good is spare parts availability on drive train items like axle gears & differential parts, hydro-static transmission (assuming it is hydro?) etc.? I know these items are supposed to last a long long time, but eventually something will wear out or brake.
  • Can the mower deck be flipped vertical for service?

1997 Kubota F3060:
IMG_5413.JPG

These type Kubota mowers share many parts with different model no. mowers and even some of their compact tractors.

As an example: The steering hydraulic cylinder is the same part in 13 different Kubota US models, which should give some incentive for them to carry the part in inventory in future, at least I hope so...

Just an observation:
Bar type tires would not be very suitable here in the PNW, due to mowing needed when the ground is wet & grass growing from October thru May or June.

/ Looking for Front Mounted Mower - F Series Suggestions #5  
With 5 acres of varying ground (terrain and roughness), a zero turn wouldn't be a good match but the front mount commercial mower is a great fit.
This was my main consideration for the switch from zero turn to F-type mower. My ground was getting too rough for my maturing body. I ended up finding a decent 3060 with 6' rear discharge deck. It is probably a little overkill for my needs, but it works great.

In my case, I could see where a flexible deck would help with a 6' width on undulating ground. I saw one on craigslist this past spring and am kind of kicking myself for not pursuing it. I forget the brand name, but it was built for a Kubota F mower, and it looked very heavy duty. It was offered for sale by a golf course.

And speaking of the F1800, my brother in law has two of them. You are right, they are tough machines.

The Toros are a favorite of the state parks agency in the state where I live. I worked for the agency after I retired from my construction occupation. My supervisor felt the Toros were the most bang for the buck, and were his favorite machine. You wouldn't be going wrong with a good Toro.

Doug

/ Looking for Front Mounted Mower - F Series Suggestions #6  
How good is spare parts availability on drive train items like axle gears & differential parts, hydro-static transmission (assuming it is hydro?) etc.?
Parts availability is good.

• Can the mower deck be flipped vertical for service?
No. I just raise the deck and back up on car wheel ramps, then put my tall jack stand under the front.

Just an observation:
Bar type tires would not be very suitable here in the PNW, due to mowing needed when the ground is wet & grass growing from October thru May or June.
They come with turf tires:
P5160005.JPG
P5160008cs.jpg

/ Looking for Front Mounted Mower - F Series Suggestions
Thanks all. Got wrapped up in life and it took me awhile to get back!

Part availability is one thing I wondered about.

I hadnt considered Toro - I dont see them much here in Canada (maybe just not looking hard enough)

Thanks again

/ Looking for Front Mounted Mower - F Series Suggestions #9  
Lot of parts, but I would expect great mowers for large smooth areas without too many obstructions....

/ Looking for Front Mounted Mower - F Series Suggestions #10  
Hopefully the title covers it. Currently using a PTO flail mower to cut several acres of grass around trees and across some semi-rough terrain. Neighbour has an old F 1800 and its a beast! SO I am thinking something like that would be great but Kubota has SO many options! Not looking at new as that is out of my hobby price point but there are tons of machines available in that 10K range. But I am looking to see if anyone has any favorites/opinions? TIA
I have an F-3680 I have been pleased with. It has a 72” deck.

1693050241067.jpeg