looking for info

/ looking for info #1  

steve498

Tractor
farmall
Thinking of buying a mahindra max 25. What do yall think Thanks

/ looking for info #2  
Welcome, the Max is a very nice Sub compact tractor.

/ looking for info #3  
We are looking for info too:

What are you going to use the tractor for? A, B, C, D.

Have you had tractor experience?

What is your soil?

/ looking for info
My family farmed when I was growing up. have a lot of years on the farmalls super a b c and john deere mostly old school tractors. just like to get the good and bads on the 25 max Mahindra. dirt is red clay and some rock mostly. will be using to cut about 5 acres of grass and up keep up drive way and cleaning some woods on my property's.

/ looking for info #7  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the Mahindra Buying & Pricing forum. :)

/ looking for info #8  
I bought my Max25 last March/April. I'm still under a 100 hours. I got the FEL, MMM and backhoe. There was an initial issue that the bottom hydraulic lines were left exposed and were cut by the MMM belt. The dealer picked it up, fixed it under warranty with no real questions. The dealer also loaned me a a 5Ft bush hog to get down the 4 acres of weeds and overgrowth. All summer I used the MMM to do a steady 4-5 hours of mowing and getting it all done. (And that includes numerous stops to load and unload adult beverages. :licking:) It used to be two days on an MTD.

The FEL works well. I would suggest planning on buying "low weight" palette forks if you have anything that is kind of long that you want to move. In my case I have a bunch of railroad ties that are in the 120-150 pound range. They are well under the weight limit of the FEL, but the length is a pain in the butt. And it probably would be the same with logs and such.

Earlier today I saw a question about digging with the FEL. The guy was in Georgia. As I understand it if you dig down a little bit in GA you are going to hit clay. So my suggestion is get the backhoe if you can. It is well worth the money. I'm in Ohio so digging a hole manually is a possible option. But I was able to dig a burn pit 6 feet down and 15x10 in about 2 days. And that was my first time doing it.

I also have been using it for moving snow. Not probably an issue for you. :p It hasn't gotten stuck yet. And I pulled my car (KIA Forte) to the end of the driveway with it today. That way I could actually leave my place.

A hint that I suggest is that any possible loose part, like a turnbuckle, be painted with a fluorescent orange or red paint. When you're running the MMM you can't mount the BH. So I just hang the lower stabilizers to the 3PH instead of formally putting the 3PH equipment back on. I lost one of the gray turnbuckles in the grass and have never found it. So I added the extra $3 for paint to the $45 cost to get a brand new turnbuckle.

Then the cost of the 50 hour check-in being a waste of money: $30 in parts and $200 in labor. But I understand that is about normal for all brands. I can see the grease fittings well enough and I've changed car oil before. The 100 hour is going to be done by me.

All-in-all I have been pleased with the tractor. Way superior to the MTD pices of crap in the past. I would put it up against the old Ford 8/9 any day of the week.