Looking to buy first tractor

/ Looking to buy first tractor #1  

DOWNSOUTHof 40

Tractor
None yet
Hey guys newby here. Been reading the forum for a couple of months via google searches and the last couple days through the app. I have been researching compact tractors and have about settled on either a Branson 35 in the 15 or 20 series or an LS 35 in XG or XR series.

I have come to the conclusion that it is a choice between THE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. I do have concerns about both makers. The new LS engine doesn't have a long track record and seems to take a lot of electronics to run it. The creature comforts of the XR series would be nice just not sure I would need 2 sets of remotes.

The Bransons tier 4 system and minimum electronics is a plus in my mind. I have read that the dpf will soot up if not ran like a greyhound. Also there seems to be a reoccurring theme of axle breaks with the Branson.

Really have enjoyed reading the well thought out threads in this forum.

DOWNSOUTHof 40

/ Looking to buy first tractor #2  
On any of the machines, you can't make them idiot proof. I do admit that I have been guilty of the mindset on occasion. One of those occasions caused me to rip the bearings out of my front end on my 6530. What I found out in the process and had been corrected in the 2016 (vs 2007 6530) 2400 was to use gear oil in the front axle rather than the same premium trans-hyd fluid used in the main sump.

You have to do what's right for you. Others can only relay their thoughts and experiences based upon their personal involvement with machines and all things related. Seems each of us have our unique set of requirements.

Good Hunting.......not an easy task with all the options out there.

/ Looking to buy first tractor #3  
All the DPF tractors need to be run at speed not idled around all the time. On ones with regen cycles, running the engine too slow will mean more frequent regens. I liked the idea of not needing to leave the tractor running at full speed if it started a regen when I was finishing up, and I'm willing to take some more responsibility on myself to run the tractor "right". My 3725's tach is marked in green from 2000-2500 and that's where it should be run to keep the DPF happy.

You need two remotes to operate top and tilt cylinders, which are really useful for box blade work.

I also considered the LS but wasn't sure about the dealer being around long term. I'd go test drive both and see how they feel.